D.wrecked.hit

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

I've have just spent a very pleasent morning in Waltham On The wolds "where the wind blows cold" in the company of Mr John Manship and a very nice cup of freshly ground coffe & came away with three records on D.wreckEd.hiT records from Michigan, moto is "what's on the platter is all that matters" well i can tell you The Elevations "what can i do / K-I-S-S-I-N-G will be on my record player platter for most of the afternoon (or untill the other half gets in from work!) take a look at Johns site it says it all.

Joey King "fish" & the D.H.M.A. Music "just one more time" / "deceiving love" produced by McKinley Jackson is the most intresting one of the 3 IMO and the one i'll be playing early doors at the next Stute thats for sure.

The last is a heads up for the 60's Detroit collectors, Hindal Butts out of the vaults comes "get loose" / "pollutions protest" the sleve notes say originally intended to be released on M-S records the tunes have remained in the can for 30 years. Thank god for D-wreckEd-hiT or we may never had the chance to own this Northern funk track on a 7" more than well worth a play out i can see this turning out to be a big nighter tune :yes:

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've have just spent a very pleasent morning in Waltham On The wolds "where the wind blows cold" in the company of Mr John Manship and a very nice cup of freshly ground coffe & came away with three records on D.wreckEd.hiT records from Michigan, moto is "what's on the platter is all that matters" well i can tell you The Elevations "what can i do / K-I-S-S-I-N-G will be on my record player platter for most of the afternoon (or untill the other half gets in from work!) take a look at Johns site it says it all.

Joey King "fish" & the D.H.M.A. Music "just one more time" / "deceiving love" produced by McKinley Jackson is the most intresting one of the 3 IMO and the one i'll be playing early doors at the next Stute thats for sure.

The last is a heads up for the 60's Detroit collectors, Hindal Butts out of the vaults comes "get loose" / "pollutions protest" the sleve notes say originally intended to be released on M-S records the tunes have remained in the can for 30 years. Thank god for D-wreckEd-hiT or we may never had the chance to own this Northern funk track on a 7" more than well worth a play out i can see this turning out to be a big nighter tune :thumbsup:

Steve J

Hi Steve

I got the same three 45's sent to me this week from Joey King 'Fish'. Agree all three 45's are interesting in their different ways. Saw Joey & McKinley last week in Detroit they were on top form and excited about their new project. They have both been working at clubs around the city over the last few months, while we were there McKinley was also playing with blues man whose name currently escapes me, but anyway we all had a fun night out. McKinley also tell me he is going back into the studio with The Politicians soon.

post-3008-0-52798600-1291838323_thumb.jp post-3008-0-67224900-1291838353_thumb.jp post-3008-0-68587700-1291838402_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!