Brothers of Soul - I'd be greateful (grateful)

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Just noticed that the above is for auction on eBay -

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4018452417&rd=1

Just a bit puzzled about the spelling of the title. On my copy it's (mis)spelled as 'greatful' whereas the copy on ebay has the correct spelling 'grateful'.

In addition the label on my copy is orange and black with BOO printed in the black quadrant at the top of the record - quite different to the picture shown on eBay.

My copy has the matrix ZTSC141348-1B machine stamped into the run-out groove.

So with these differences I was curious to know if there were two separate runs (with the spelling error subsequently corrected) or whether there was a full re-working of the record. As far as I am aware it was never booted (not listed as such in JMs price guide).

Any BOO experts able to help please?

Brian

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

Pikeys Dog

Thanks for info - very interesting. Looks like the spelling mistake occurred after the first press had it correctly spelled.

I'm very greatful (or even grateful!!) for getting back to me - cheers.

Brian

Social source share

Does anyone know if it is the FIRST press and not just ANOTHER press from a different plant? It exists on at least three different pressings. The one I have seen the most is the plain red label with black print styrene copies, the orange one seems less common than this one, and the least common version seems to be the plain red label vinyl press dicussed here.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Chris it was always my understanding that they were just from different pressing plants not different issues. Great record though eh? Have we actually after all this time found one we agree on LOL ;o)))))

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!