Frank Everett - Spellbound

Frank Everett - Spellbound - Big Smoky 1977 & Frank E. Moore - Spellbound - Exochronos 1977 is the same track, although different recordings. To these ears the F.E.M version sounds later, although I suspect from the writing credits it was the first release.

Can anyone explain why these two different versions by the same artist were recorded in the same year, with a name change but the same cat. No. too?

Frank E Moore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GShVNi6cgXY Frank Everett

Edited by tsu tomatoes
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's an article in Tim Brown's Rare Soul Review Issue 3 P39, I think written by Rod Dearlove.

Quote:

"The record was picked up by the ubiquitous Independent Record Distributing Association of Nashville but only as a double 'A' sided promo (Spellbound is the 'B'side). Two years later in 1977 Everett re-recorded the tune under his real name of Frank Moor for Exochronos Recordings of St.Louis, not too different but with an updated production that isn't so good".

By shear coincidence having seen a Big Smokey copy on 't bay the other day , I happened to browse this article from a few years back.

As it happens my copy came from Voices many years ago now, though it was tipped for big things it never quite happened.

Popsike values here.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert