• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest trickbag

Published on Mar 10, 2012

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/...
Two Plus Two
Look Around C/w I'm Sure
You are viewing one of the rarest and finest double hitting slabs of Detroit Northern Soul ever created.
VELGO is of course a Detroit Trophy label - but we have had in our lifetime of dealing soul dealt with over 10 copies of the Gwen Owens single, compared to this ONE lone copy of this total killer.
Click the double-sound file and experience RAREST OF THE RARE NORTHERN SOUL at it's most-awesome! Only Eddie Parker's - I'm Gone - has moved me as much this rebellious Motor City masterpiece does.
Vinyl has some light surface marks but as you can hear on the compelling soundfile if plays loud clean and true. I personally know of the existence of only 5 copies of this 45, all of which are safely housed in the world's very finest Soul collections. Of the 4 in the UK I am also lead to believe this copy is perhaps the finest conditioned example.
REAL DEAL PROPER NORTHERN SOUL BOTH SIDES!
Current bid: £ 2,106.00
Time remaining: Approx. 1 week 4 days

heres what jm said about it.

some more info.

Two Plus Two Look Around/ I’m Sure (Outta Sight OSV 003)

Songwriter Wilbert Jackson and soul hero Steve Mancha recorded for Detroit’s Velgo label as Two Plus Two, and an original of Look Around/ I’m Sure would set you back many pennies. Luckily it’s out on Outta Sight OSV 003 at regular price, so you can appreciate the Ric-Tic flavoured brash thrash of Look Around, hear the duo emoting the tune in high-pitched tones over (or sometimes in competition with) the beat and try to figure out whether the sax solo is out of tune. The flip moves down a gear to a crunching mid-tempo as the duo offer a derivative but energetic song.

ricky.

Social source share

The one you have is the one issued by Outta Sight in the UK recently - NOT the US original mentioned in the post above as sold on John Manships Auction for 2K.

I hope you were aware of that, and didn't get excited by Trickbags post above!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest trickbag

he might well have if it were the lookalike BOOT.

but its only the tenner reissue or the uk issue.

ricky.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert