Garfield Fleming Interview

• Replies 4
  • Views 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

Thanks for posting that Roual, really nice to see Garfied. Seems such a genuine, enthusiastic bloke. Very refreshing. "Don't Send Me Away" remains an uber classic from the 80s, a genuine memory jerker for anyone into it at the time and, crucially,still sounding brilliant. Thats an over used word isn't it? But, in this instance,entirely justified…

Shame I missed his performance,I wasnt even aware he was coming over. Such a shame that he wasn't able to capitalise on the records' popularity back then. Yet another undeserved casualty of the music business. Lets hope his new material can restart his career for him.

Please Don't Send Me Away…!

Best, Ivor

Social source share

Thanks for posting that Roual, really nice to see Garfied. Seems such a genuine, enthusiastic bloke. Very refreshing. "Don't Send Me Away" remains an uber classic from the 80s, a genuine memory jerker for anyone into it at the time and, crucially,still sounding brilliant. Thats an over used word isn't it? But, in this instance,entirely justified…

Shame I missed his performance,I wasnt even aware he was coming over. Such a shame that he wasn't able to capitalise on the records' popularity back then. Yet another undeserved casualty of the music business. Lets hope his new material can restart his career for him.

Please Don't Send Me Away…!

Best, Ivor

My pleasure Ivor. As soon as he walked in the room for the interview he gave it some sparkle with his charm. I've interviewed alot of people over the years and it's always good to interview somebody with charisma and is full of life. His performance was top notch. He certainly owns the stage when he gets up there and he's still got a great voice. It was full of covers Bobby, Teddy, David, Anthony White. They were all perfectly selected. He's done a new version of Don't Send Me Away on his new album. i hope that it comes out soon. 

Social source share

A great performance at SSW4 and what a great guy. He really appreciated the people in the crowd and spent lots of time talking to his fans. I was lucky enough to spend some time with him afterwards a real warm, friendly character.

Top Man!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!