Help Me Help You

I'm brand new. Hi. I fing love that people upload songs and I can listen to them on that flyass player and create a playlist (even though the sound quality slightly makes me cringe). I'm a bit confounded as to why there are no Sam Cooke clips among some other things. I'd LOVE to upload these and pass along mp3's to whoever wants them, but how do I make them "refosoul" clips?? I really thought I could figure this out on my own, but I gotta ask for some help. Any advice????

Thank ya kindly

So i think maybe I uploaded a 128kbps mp3 of Sam Cooke-Bring it on Home to Me

Let's see how this works out...

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Nice to hear you're so enthusiastic about listening to and uploading some clips.

Firstly, can you do us an intro and tell us a bit about yourself.. intros forum here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44

Second, there's some step by step instructions for uploading here https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...c=42393&hl= - please use this method rather than attaching mp3s - this is mainly for copyright/ legal reasons as the refosoul clips can't be downloaded which means the site is not classed as 'file sharing'. Plus it means they're added to the library and can be searched for.

And lastly, I've edited your post above as we try to keep swear words to a minimum (using some ***'s in them is fine) -as a guideline for suitable language/ content we tend to go by what would be acceptable in daily newspapers.

Enjoy the forum thumbsup.gif

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Bring It On Home to Me - sam cooke - rca records

14571 refosoul

[p]Written by Sam Cooke[br]Published By: ABKCO Music Ltd.[br]Year: 1962[br]Time: 2:42[br]Charts: Black Singles Chart-1962: #2, Pop Singles Chart-1962: #13[br]Produced by Hugo & Luigi[br]Orchestra conducted by Rene Hall[br]Recorded April 26, 1961 at RCA Hollywood, Studio 1[br]Musicians: Ernie Freeman-Piano, Lou Rawls-Background Vocals[/p][p]Singles- RCA 1296, UK 1962[br]Albums- The Man Who Invented Soul (Box) (sale)- The Man And His Music- Greatest Hits I- Live At The Harlem Square Club (live) (sale)- The Great Sam Cooke- This Is Sam Cooke- The Best Of Sam Cooke (sale)- 20 Greatest Hits- Hits! (sale)- Forever (32 Track LP)EPs- Twisting The Night Away (RCA pt49802)Compilations- Great Soul Ballads on BCD (GLD63152)- 1962 - Still Rockin' (Time-Life R929-26)[br]Also done by- John Alford (Only You)- Animals (Best Of)- Jo Jo Benson (Remeniscing in the Jam Zone)- Eric Bibb (Home To Me)- Michael Bolton (Timeless)- Bonnevilles (Bringing it Home)- Buckeye Biscuit Band (Fresh Candy)- Chambers, Lester (Lester Chambers)- Crosscut (Crosscut)- Dave Clark Five- Dixie Chicks- Coolidge, Rita (Out of the Blues)- Johnny Dollar (Quit While You're A Head)- Drifters (Save The Last Dance For Me and more albums)- David Elliot (this version is used in the movie Ali, he sings exactly like on Live At The Harlem Square Club, but he' not Sam)- Shirley Ellis (Complete Congress Recordings)- Embers (Let's Have A Party)- Faroe Boys (Faroe Boys)- Eddie Floyd (Rare Stamps)- Aretha Franklin (Soul '69)- Mickey Gilley (Gilley's Smoking)- Haley, Bill (Rock 'n Roll)- Ted Hawkins (Love You Most Of All)- Hill, ZZ (ZZ Hill)- Jimmy Hughes (Soul Neighbors)- King, BB- King Curtis (Blow Man Blow)- LaSalle, Dennis (Trapped)- John Lennon (Anthology)- JJ Malone (And The Band Played On)- Manfreds (Maximum Manfreds)- Mason, Dave (Best Of)- McCartney, Paul (Choba B Cccp)- Merseybeats (Merseybeats)- Moore, Rudy Ray (Hully Gully Fever)- Morrison, Van (It's Too Late To Stop Now)- Murphy, Willy (Piano Hits)- Wilson Pickett (I'm In Love)- Pidgeon, Rebbeca (New York Girls Club)- Arthur Pryosck (Best Of)- Joey Ramone- Otis Redding & Carla Thomas (King and Queen)- Righteous Brothers (Great)- Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels (Take A Ride!)- Sam & Dave (Soul Man)- Joe Simon (Mr. Shout)- Percy Sledge (When A Man Loves A Woman and more)- Sonny & Cher (Wondrous World of Sonny & Cher)- Speckulations (Speckulations)- Rod Stewart (Smiler, Best Of)- Supremes (We Remember Sam Cooke)- Terry & McGhee (Sonny and Brownie)- Travers, Pat (Blues Volume 2)- Trischka & Skyline (Fire and Grace)- Turner, Ruby (Guilty)- Johnny Winter (Blue Suede Shoes)- Zydeco Flames (Heat is On)- Zombies (Begin Here)

Edited by marlowlu
Social source share

Whoaaa. Thanks guys. Ok so if I throw some html in there will the info read in paragraph form? Can I edit my own clip. hmmm...

you should see an EDIT box at the bottom of your post.

with regard to the html need to ask Mike if he's around

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert