Tom

• Replies 4
  • Views 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MARTIN SNOW

63 views and no clues yet so lets at least try some pointers.

I listened to it 7 or 8 times and I definately don't recognise it, however my impression is that its a 1980/81 LP track on a major label. The track has a similar feel to Elaine & Ellen Fill Me Up on Ovation from 1980, and Superior Movement Wide Shot from 1981, so there is a slim possibility it could be a Donald Burnside production (both of those are), so think Chicago, but I think I have all his LP productions from this period.

Having said that, as a fellow bass player I would say the playing and the instrument itself sound like that of Keni Burke, Marcus Miller, Wayne Brathwaite, or even Doug Riddick of Augie Johnson + Wayne Henderson productions -namely LA Boppers/Side Effect.

I think we've at least established the track is called I Surrender, it sounds pretty good ! Try google advanced search with any combinations of above snippets.

Where did you get the recording and what else is on it, that might give a clue.

Social source share

Hey!!!

i found the artist and title.....

David Oliver - I Surrender 1978 (LP Mind Magic) (Mercury)

Tom

Good album, worth buying. Also includes the original version of "Who are you" which Mahdi & Tracy Kerr covered.

£10-15 should get you one.

Tomo

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Good shout Alan, I definately don't have it myself as I suspected in my earlier response, Ive got his 77, 79, & 80 LP and duplicates all in stock, but not 78 ! What were the chances of that ? Who's it produced by and who's the bass player please ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert