Here is an article on Tavasco (now known as Tavasco 504), written at the time of the release of their Be Yourself CD (Mar/Apr 2021).  Its release coincided with the start of the pandemic, so it probably didn't get much promotion.   The album is a mixed bag, albeit with occasional bursts of great vocals.

There is no mention in the article of Love Is Trying To Get A Hold Of Me, but it definitely the same group given the solid New Orleans credentials and the uniqueness of the name, which is explained in the article (a verbal conflation of Courvoisier and Tabasco, apparently!).

Does anybody know the tracks that were supposedly released in the UK on the "Hidden New Orleans" album?   I can't find any reference to it elsewhere.

BandTavasco504_MarApr_2021.pdf

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Saddened to learn of the passing on 26 April 2024 of Nick Daniels III, vocalist on Tavasco's "Love Is Trying To Get On Me" (Rampart - 1980).   Sincere condolences to his wife, family and friends.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life/festivals/dumpstaphunk-bassist-nick-daniels-iii-has-died/article_e0e290f0-04bb-11ef-967f-57af343b4fc3.html

Apart from the Tavasco 504 album mentioned in my earlier post, he was also the featured vocalist on an album called Run To Daylight released in 2022 by the Groove Krewe, a New Orleans musicians' collective.  He also worked closely with the Meters/Neville Brothers and was a member of their off-shoot band Dumpstaphunk.

Here is the title-track from Tavasco 504's "Be Yourself", with Nick (left below) singing and playing his distinctive five-string bass.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert