Otis Brown

Hello,

I am looking for "southside of Chicago" by otis brown.. does anybody have an idea what do I have to exspect to pay?

By the way: any info on otis brown somewhere? I love some of his efforts like "Who's gonna take you home"... :lol:

Many thanks

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Picked it up at a record fair in Edinburgh around 25 years ago along with Robin Rice on Crackerjack a few things on Jubilee and a copy of the Steelers Just begun to love you on Crash all £0.50 each.

Oh happy days

Played the otis brown thing a few times no body liked it... but I think its great.

Happy Hunting !

Social source share

Picked it up at a record fair in Edinburgh around 25 years ago along with Robin Rice on Crackerjack a few things on Jubilee and a copy of the Steelers Just begun to love you on Crash all £0.50 each.

Oh happy days

Played the otis brown thing a few times no body liked it... but I think its great.

Happy Hunting !

I play it every week as the theme song to my radio show. Of course, my show IS on the south side of Chicago!

FYI, this record came out with two label versions, the one with the artistic OLE script and just as block OLE print. I think the block one is rarer.

No one seems to know what happened to Otis Brown, for example, I know a couple of his label mates from the Para-monts and they don't even know (one of the Para-monts, Rosemarie Rice, who has since passed, even dated Otis). If Otis is still alive, he's probably not in Chicago any more.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!