Lp Info Needed

Hi guys, just curious about a couple of "non-northern" things. Kinda of a shot in the dark here, just hoping some wise person(not a wise ass, please biggrin.gif ) on here has some info. Thanks!

I'm hoping someone has a value for these two:

Ricky Lance-"The Sun Is Rising On Brand New Day" LP on City Lights VG+/VG++

Sun-"Eclipse" LP on Air City Records VG++/VG++

Thanks again!!

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Anyone???

Sun-"Eclipse" LP on Air City Records VG++/VG++

THIS IS A POOR LP MUSICALLY AND I SELL IT FOR A FIVER IF IM LUCKY. IT GOT UK RELEASE ALSO.

BYRON BYRD THE LEADER OF SUN ACTUALLY LIVED IN PLUMSTEAD S.E.LONDON FROM AROUND THE TIME OF ITS RELEASE, HE HAD A STUDIO THERE AND I SPOKE TO HIM A FEW TIMES IN THE 90'S.

HE WAS PREVIOUSLY PART OF THE GROUP OVERNIGHT LOW, AND INFORMED THEY RECORDED AN LP WITH DENIECE WILLIAMS ON VOCALS JUST PRIOR TO HER SIGNING TO COLUMBIA HENCE IT WAS NEVER RELEASED. NOW THERES SOMETHING YOU PROBABLY DIDNT KNOW !

MARTIN

Social source share

RickyLance.jpg

Hello mate - hope you're well.

The LP's an odd one...I've rarely seen it for sale. Musically it's fairly solid, and once you've gotten over Ricky's tricky voice, I think there's a nice enough modern soul LP which is ultimately collectable.

It's difficult to put an accurate value on it, but if you're looking to sell it, it's clearly rare and not that well known. Get it on the 'bay with a couple of soundclips, advertise it as 'rare private press modern soul' and hopefully 2 buyers will duke it out.

Given the prices that certain modern soul pieces are currently going for, I reckon this could easily make $200 if the right buyers take notice.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!