Marsha Gee

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Baby I need you/ I'll never be free - Uptown

Looking for sensible offers as I see old lists with it on at one price and a new list with it on at a much higher price.

Record has a small mark on the vinyl, not a scratch and in no way effects the playing of the record otherwise I'd list it as mint. 'I'll never be free' side is mint, and in my view is possibly the better track to listen to in the front room or car.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Just to help cut down on PMs

It is an original. It came from Pat Brady into my possesion.

I havent listed a price because it is on lists and a completed ebay Buy-it-now, at a price MORE than I am expecting. BUT I do want a fair price, and dont want to put anybody off making an offer by putting on a figure that is too high in their view.

Mikey

Social source share

Just to help cut down on PMs

It is an original. It came from Pat Brady into my possesion.

I havent listed a price because it is on lists and a completed ebay Buy-it-now, at a price MORE than I am expecting. BUT I do want a fair price, and dont want to put anybody off making an offer by putting on a figure that is too high in their view.

Mikey

Mikey, I have had two copies of this in the past one with a scrathed in matrix and the other stamped and bought them both as originals but sold the first copy (with the scratched matrix) when I got the second (stamped). I sold the first (for peanuts) believing it to be a boot but have since leaned it was genuine with the 'daisy' stamp in the run out.

I'm sure Pat would't make the same mistake but I think there is a value difference in the two issues anyway. I think the details on the labels were both the same and same issue numbers but from memory the paper quality was different. One glossy the other matt I'm at work so can't check but it may help your sale if you add if its stamped and if it has the gloss or matt label.

Just a suggestion.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Mikey, I have had two copies of this in the past one with a scrathed in matrix and the other stamped and bought them both as originals but sold the first copy (with the scratched matrix) when I got the second (stamped). I sold the first (for peanuts) believing it to be a boot but have since leaned it was genuine with the 'daisy' stamp in the run out.

I'm sure Pat would't make the same mistake but I think there is a value difference in the two issues anyway. I think the details on the labels were both the same and same issue numbers but from memory the paper quality was different. One glossy the other matt I'm at work so can't check but it may help your sale if you add if its stamped and if it has the gloss or matt label.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers Ged. Will do.

I am in London right now, and the record is at home, so I wont be able to do so until Saturday.

I did do a check with JM's guide, and it has the daisy matrix and I believe the 1 in the correct places.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert