John Phelps Rip

just picked up todays local paper the citizen to read the sad news of the death of john phelps from cancer on sunday 24th of feb really nice guy and a damned fine hairdresser not sure if anyone else out there remembers him im sure smithy does but anyway my heartfelt condolences go out to all his family.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just picked up todays local paper the citizen to read the sad news of the death of john phelps from cancer on sunday 24th of feb really nice guy and a damned fine hairdresser not sure if anyone else out there remembers him im sure smithy does but anyway my heartfelt condolences go out to all his family.

Hi

Put something in 'All about the soul' for him as well.

Dave

Here's what I posted

John Phelps, died early this week after a long fight with cancer. John was a much loved member of the old Gloucester crew that traveled the country in the mid 70's. When I first attended allnighters, John would always check to see if I was OK with a big beaming smile across his face.

He will always be remember for his unique dance style and spending half the night in the girls toilets at Yate cutting hair.

He went on to follow his dream of becoming a top hair dresser, opening a shop in Gloucester and becoming a UK & World hairdressing champion.

John was unique and much loved member of our original crew, he will be sadly missed.

My love and thoughts go out to the whole family.

"We're from Gloucester, you don't know the crack, we know the crack"

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Hi

Put something in 'All about the soul' for him as well.

Dave

Here's what I posted

John Phelps, died early this week after a long fight with cancer. John was a much loved member of the old Gloucester crew that traveled the country in the mid 70's. When I first attended allnighters, John would always check to see if I was OK with a big beaming smile across his face.

He will always be remember for his unique dance style and spending half the night in the girls toilets at Yate cutting hair.

He went on to follow his dream of becoming a top hair dresser, opening a shop in Gloucester and becoming a UK & World hairdressing champion.

John was unique and much loved member of our original crew, he will be sadly missed.

My love and thoughts go out to the whole family.

"We're from Gloucester, you don't know the crack, we know the crack"

well said dave spot on with the beaming smile and yep he was ok if everyone else was happy and ok never a bad word for anyone remember one morning at yate he was sprawled flat out on top of a pinball machine and he still asked if i was ok.

Social source share

Heard the sad news myself,great guy ,his hairdressing skill turned me from an ugly duckling into a swan :ohmy:

had some great times with him in the seventies,but he really did my head in one night at yate when all the hairdressers from Gloucester turned up including my baby sister who was just fifteen!

Gone but not forgotten....

Steve

swan hey m8 would that explain your style of dancin then lol

Social source share

Funeral tomorrow at Gloucester cathedral 2.30pm

bit late now but thanks anyway leon didnt go on account i thought it was just family and close friends

col

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

bit late now but thanks anyway leon didnt go on account i thought it was just family and close friends

col

not at the cathedral col he had a good turn out i'd say about 300+ :lol:

Social source share

not at the cathedral col he had a good turn out i'd say about 300+ :thumbsup:

fair shout he deserved a good send off did you manage to get there yourself m8

col

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

fair shout he deserved a good send off did you manage to get there yourself m8

col

yeah man¨ged to go just to the service :thumbup:

Social source share