Thieves.....

Hi All

I attended a great all niter last night in West Yorkshire.

Took along a 100 count record box, started selling a few bits n pieces..

I then noticed that I had been paid with counterfeit notes for most of the records. These notes were all crumpled up in an attempt to make them look genuine..it was a perfect environment to do this, dark dimly lit area etc

So watch out everybody, check the money you are given, there are thieves on this scene, I know who they are and they know I do.

Of course when I asked the lads who had paid me, they all denied it had been them.

I will be watching....

regards

Paul

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

this sort of thing is awful , you shouldnt have to check every single note people give you but i suppose that it is just how some people are , in an ideal world you should be able to trust buyers and they should be able to trust sellers to give them origionals instead of boots.

i havent experienced any problems so far at the 3 nights i have sold records at but its worth checking the cash now you have informed us of this scam.

sorry you got conned and all i can suggest is not to deal with these people again or make them pay in coins from the bar then change them up again

Social source share

What complete B**st**ds!

I hope this doesn't deter dealers from attending dos. I like buying from dealers (records that is!) at do's and am absolutely appalled that somebody could actually contemplate doing this.

I'd be tempted to name names and let other record dealers in the area, know of your suspicions.

Social source share

Hi I been done with forged £20 notes several times twice i,ve been stitched for over £100 at niters with good forgery,s it,s hard to tell even when lookin at them in decent light, what i now do if i sell any 45 for decent money ( cash )

i always keep the notes together and write who they are off ,so that if they turn out to be dodgy i can contact them and ask for my 45 back or real cash

it,s up to them how they reply -- But i would advise anyone against tryin to rip me or one or two other soulies off with forgeries because if they do, things will never be the same in their miserable lifes !!!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards IAN C

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!