Godzilla

Podcast Advice Please - Licence Required?

I'm doing some work for a mini festival in North Yorkshire early next year (indoors mostly of course!...) I initially planned to include a Gospel set on Sunday morning but as it looks like I'll be around till stupid O'clock the night/morning before, I'm thinking of doing a podcast instead.

My plan was get the arts organisation that runs the festival to host the show and load it up on the Sunday morning so that it goes out sort of like a radio show.

Just wondered about licencing and such? Quick google suggests that you need PRS and PPL but I doubt that everyone who bloggs has one. This is a legit organisation though, so things might be tighter.

Any advice please?

Edited by Godzilla

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I'm doing some work for a mini festival in North Yorkshire early next year (indoors mostly of course!...) I initially planned to include a Gospel set on Sunday morning but as it looks like I'll be around till stupid O'clock the night/morning before, I'm thinking of doing a podcast instead.

My plan was get the arts organisation that runs the festival to host the show and load it up on the Sunday morning so that it goes out sort of like a radio show.

Just wondered about licencing and such? Quick google suggests that you need PRS and PPL but I doubt that everyone who bloggs has one. This is a legit organisation though, so things might be tighter.

Any advice please?

If you are merely playing a home made Cd in the venue you'll probably be covered by the festival's music licence. It could be argued that you will need your own personal digital DJ licence at £200.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

If you are merely playing a home made Cd in the venue you'll probably be covered by the festival's music licence. It could be argued that you will need your own personal digital DJ licence at £200.

Sorry - don't think I made myself clear. When I said get the arts organisation to host podcast and it load it up, I was referring to putting the podcast on their website.

Thanks for the response though :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

The licensing is then the responsibility of the web site.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. New Podcast - Unbroadcast Podcast No.1 (ska/northern Soul)
    All About The Soul by Pete S on Wed 14 Sep 2011
    • 2 / 880
    • Mach on 16 Sep 2011
  2. Valuation Advice Please?
    Look At Your Box by Steve Plumb on Wed 10 Apr 2013
    • 9 / 877
    • Steve Plumb on 11 Apr 2013
  3. Northern Soul Live Project: Advice Please
    All About The Soul by on Sat 02 Feb 2008
    • 7 / 971
    • paul-s on 04 Feb 2008
  4. New Lable Advice Please
    Look At Your Box by sharmo 1 on Mon 26 Sep 2011
    • 11 / 918
    • MrC on 26 Sep 2011
  5. Some Advice Please ?
    Look At Your Box by killiesoul on Thu 28 Jun 2012
    • 53 / 3500
    • Tom Pyl on 14 Aug 2012

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.