Curtis Liggins

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

heard this at the weekend - would like to get a copy - can anyone tell me more about it?

thing is, it's driving me crazy cos i'm sure i know the song by another artist but can't remember where from

please help.......it's driving me mad trying to remember the other artist (if there is one!!!)

cheers :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

It's rare mate. No other version of it. Maybe you've heard me play it? I sold a copy a few weeks ago.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

It's rare mate. No other version of it. Maybe you've heard me play it? I sold a copy a few weeks ago.

sent you a PM Woolie, and I'm pretty certain I saw an alternate version of it listed recently, I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Martin

Edited by martint
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

sent you a PM Woolie, and I'm pretty certain I saw an alternate version of it listed recently, I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Martin

I'd like to hear that, news to me! :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

superb 45...some say little messy in the middle but cant beat that guitar groove

he died in a car crash not too long after the record... lew stanley has one on his current auction list

mstanley@visionet.org

if you get in contact and he sometimes may give you a set sale if he has stock copies

not cheap though!

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I'd like to hear that, news to me! :rolleyes:

Pretty certain a sort of proto version of it was around in the early nineties on a white label 10" done for the jazz dance scene just before it was ruined by excessive funk records and then jungle :thumbsup: . Probably no details on the label at all, unlikely to be unissued material given the source. Must still have it somewhere.

Social source share

Pretty certain a sort of proto version of it was around in the early nineties on a white label 10" done for the jazz dance scene just before it was ruined by excessive funk records and then jungle :rolleyes: . Probably no details on the label at all, unlikely to be unissued material given the source. Must still have it somewhere.

hmmm, I'm 99% sure I saw a regular 45 listed somewhere recently which was described as another version of the track.... damned if I can remember what or where though :fool:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Pretty certain a sort of proto version of it was around in the early nineties on a white label 10" done for the jazz dance scene just before it was ruined by excessive funk records and then jungle :thumbsup: . Probably no details on the label at all, unlikely to be unissued material given the source. Must still have it somewhere.

that sounds like it stuart - my faint memory is of a version with a "less full" production and i have a gut feeling that it wasn't a "northern" record but more a sort of early/mid 70s sorta rare-groove sort of thing

when i heard the curtis liggins version, i knew some of the lyrics - but not that version, i'm sure

this is driving me mad trying to remember where i know it from!!!!

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

hmmm, I'm 99% sure I saw a regular 45 listed somewhere recently which was described as another version of the track.... damned if I can remember what or where though :fool:

Those white labels were generally cut from LP tracks so maybe there is even an LP with it on?

Social source share

Definately another version, slower and less funky, but can't for the life of me remember who it is. Think it's a group name??

The Liggins 45 is rare, but seemed to turn up a bit. Saw at around £4/500 mark at one point but now go for around £200 on ebay. Missed on at just under $300 a while back, cheapest I've seen I think.

Martin have you still got yours? If so I might be interested in taking it off yer hands......PM me if you can.

Mark

Social source share

Definately another version, slower and less funky, but can't for the life of me remember who it is. Think it's a group name??

The Liggins 45 is rare, but seemed to turn up a bit. Saw at around £4/500 mark at one point but now go for around £200 on ebay. Missed on at just under $300 a while back, cheapest I've seen I think.

Martin have you still got yours? If so I might be interested in taking it off yer hands......PM me if you can.

Mark

yes I have but I paid considerably more for it so if it's only fetching 200 quid I guess I'll keep it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

yes I have but I paid considerably more for it so if it's only fetching 200 quid I guess I'll keep it :thumbsup:

from the info from the people i've had contact with today, the price has certainly dropped to about £200 - seems like a few have turned up - if anyone wants to sell for that sort of price, please get in touch

i still wanna know the other artist - driving me mad!

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

from the info from the people i've had contact with today, the price has certainly dropped to about £200 - seems like a few have turned up - if anyone wants to sell for that sort of price, please get in touch

did say lew stanley offer him £200

tel: 001 919-732-8611

he may bite your arm off

Social source share

think I read somewhere it was Curtis Mayfield (perhaps under the Impressions) - not sure, but maybe it sounds right to you?

..I recall when it was £500, then buying it for £300 in a visit in May 2003 as they turned up, then seeing them flow out from eBay not too many months later, then I guess just the odd drip from a collection since?

(personally, i can't understand people who sell from their collection :rolleyes: . Keep it Martin, you know it's a goodun!)

m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert