Modern Dancer/stepper

Russ Vickers

John Legends CD 'Get Lifted' was released in early 2005, so hardly on the ball here am I, but was listening to 'Live It Up' yesterday & wow what a choon, did a search on the site & it was reviewed in 2004 as DMSC Modern play & this was the review:

" John Legend - Live It Up - Unreleased. Superb mid tempo soul off the Kanye West Akedemics unreleased album.Soulful vocals with a haunting melody.This will be in my top 5 at the end of the year".

Well just thought people should know that its available & have a gentlte reminder of just how good this is. Still a credible Modern Room play IMO.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

John Legends CD 'Get Lifted' was released in early 2005, so hardly on the ball here am I, but was listening to 'Live It Up' yesterday & wow what a choon, did a search on the site & it was reviewed in 2004 as DMSC Modern play & this was the review:

" John Legend-Live It Up-Unreleased.

Superb mid tempo soul off the Kanye West Akedemics unreleased album.Soulful vocals with a haunting melody.This will be in my top 5 at the end of the year".

Well just thought people should know that its available & have a gentlte reminder of just how good this is. Still a credible Modern Room play IMO.

Russ

Mate, yes was a great record. However buddy got played to death in these lands !

Social source share

Mate, yes was a great record. However buddy got played to death in these lands !

Sorry Gav, just wanted to share, did it get a vinyl release ???.

To be honest Gav trying to hear soul music of any genre or decade is almost a pointless excercise in Virginia mate, but for some reason its even harder to find crossover & Modern ???, its easier to get on to Crazy Beat & get em to send it back over.........................any one got any tips on hearing half decent Modern tunes in the US, internet radio obviously broadcast from Europe, but I want to hear US radio stations that play this kinda thing, but theyre all 'smooth RnB from yesterday & today' yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :):):) any tips.

Russ

Gavin hope your well Buddy,

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Sorry Gav, just wanted to share, did it get a vinyl release ???.

To be honest Gav trying to hear soul music of any genre or decade is almost a pointless excercise in Virginia mate, but for some reason its even harder to find crossover & Modern ???, its easier to get on to Crazy Beat & get em to send it back over.........................any one got any tips on hearing half decent Modern tunes in the US, internet radio obviously broadcast from Europe, but I want to hear US radio stations that play this kinda thing, but theyre all 'smooth RnB from yesterday & today' yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :):):) any tips.

Russ

Gavin hope your well Buddy,

Mate yes all good.

It did get a release not sure if they were proper ? and very limited.

Since 24/7.com came to an end i have really missed the radio ! But the boys from Starpoint have asked me to join them seems to be quite a strong line up have a look mate. I start next Sunday 14.00 to 16.00 GMT WWW.STARPOINTRADIO.COM Think it will grow into something alot better mate. Thorley is over at the moment you should give him a ring and see if he is near you, sure he is coming to your neck of the woods !

Social source share

Mate yes all good.

It did get a release not sure if they were proper ? and very limited.

Since 24/7.com came to an end i have really missed the radio ! But the boys from Starpoint have asked me to join them seems to be quite a strong line up have a look mate. I start next Sunday 14.00 to 16.00 GMT WWW.STARPOINTRADIO.COM Think it will grow into something alot better mate. Thorley is over at the moment you should give him a ring and see if he is near you, sure he is coming to your neck of the woods !

Cheers Gavin, Daves a pain in the ass, he was over a few months back, tried to get in touch, in the end we missed each other, but he knows he's welcome to drop by, as are you if you are ever over, Ill check out Starpoint BTW thanks mate

Russ

Social source share

" John Legend - Live It Up - Unreleased. Superb mid tempo soul off the Kanye West Akedemics unreleased album.Soulful vocals with a haunting melody.This will be in my top 5 at the end of the year".

Russ

Hi Russ

I think it was me that wrote that.The version of 'Live It Up' that was getting played before it was released is different to the album release. The unreleased version is the better version in my humble opinion.Although I know Dodge will beg to differ on this.

If there's any interest I'll dig it out and post it on here.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Hi Russ

I think it was me that wrote that.The version of 'Live It Up' that was getting played before it was released is different to the album release. The unreleased version is the better version in my humble opinion.Although I know Dodge will beg to differ on this.

If there's any interest I'll dig it out and post it on here.

Pete

would love to hear the unissued take, if only to make the comparison

Cheers

Russ

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!