Jump to content

Any Recommendations


Guest Andy Kempster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Andy Kempster

can anyone recommend any nice modern cheapies ??????

Link to comment
Social source share

  • Replies 7
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images




andyk123 said:
can anyone recommend any nice modern cheapies ??????

Hi Andy

Would suggest getting Rod Dearloves list @ - Plenty of great modern - great prices & top bloke too!

Website.

https://www.soul45.com/

Hope this helps?

ATB

Rich

 

harrogatesoul said:
Hi Andy

Would suggest getting Rod Dearloves list @ - Plenty of great modern - great prices & top bloke too!

Website.

https://www.soul45.com/

Hope this helps?

ATB

Rich

i'll second that .....should be your first stop !!!!

dealt with him for years !!!

Chris M :thumbsup:

 

Try this for a starter no more then 20 quid

 

Again less then 20 notes will post a few more all less then 20 quid

 

 

Bought Omni - Keys to the city Fountain after one of Derek Pearsons shows. Abs brilliant dancer imo 10 quid :thumbsup: I played it at W Casino

 

 

Like this, never heard it played out,

 

miff said:
Again less then 20 notes will post a few more all less then 20 quid

Al_Wilson___Be_Concerned___Playboy.mp3

HI GRAHAM..BRILLIANT TUNE USED TO PLAY THIS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS M :thumbsup:

 

miff said:
Try this for a starter no more then 20 quid

Benny_Johnson___Visions_of_paradise___Today_Demo.mp3

cant get the link to work

is it on soulclub.org?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

andyk123 said:
cant get the link to work

Anybody else having problems its working my end

is it on soulclub.org?

Dont Know

 

hhh

 

hhh

 

miff said:

got it working now, had to have a quick reboot

 

Gene Redding - This Heart (breathtakingly good and only 5 - 10 quid)

Ojays- Shiftless shady, jealous kindda fellows (brilliant!)

Four Tops - are you man enough (Kappow!)

 

50 minutes worth of 1970's style 'modern' recommendations in the form of a loosely termed 'mix' for your...enjoyment. whistling.gif None should cost over £25, many around the £5-£8 mark Mostly 'classics' for those who know 70's muck I'd have thought.

Here's what's on there...all available on 7" if that's your prefered fetish.

Download

GOT-CHA - MAKIN LOVE TO YA (STERLING DISC)

MOMENT OF TRUTH - SO MUCH FOR LOVE (SALSOUL)

HARLEM RIVER DRIVE - NEED YOU (ARISTA)

ARCHIE BELL/DRELLS - DANCING TO YOUR MUSIC (GLADES)

THREE PIECES - NEED YOU GIRL (FANTASY)

FIVE SPECIAL - THE MORE I GET TO KNOW YOU (TEAI)

OJAYS - TIME TO GET DOWN (PIR)

BACKYARD CONSTRUCTION - I WANT YOUR LOVIN (BYC PROD)

TRUTH - TOUCH ME (DEVAKI)

TOMORROW'S EDITION - PART TIME LOVE (ATLANTIC)

REVELATION - FEEL IT (HANDSHAKE)

CAVIAR - NEVER STOP LOVING YOU (SURVIVOR)

WINFIELD PARKER - I WANT TO BE WITH YOU (P&L)

GENERAL CROOK - THANKS BUT NO THANKS (WAND)

BOBBY WOMACK - DAYLIGHT (UA)

 

J-Brew said:
50 minutes worth of 1970's style 'modern' recommendations in the form of a loosely termed 'mix' for your...enjoyment. whistling.gif None should cost over £25, many around the £5-£8 mark Mostly 'classics' for those who know 70's muck I'd have thought.

Here's what's on there...all available on 7" if that's your prefered fetish.

Download

GOT-CHA - MAKIN LOVE TO YA (STERLING DISC)

MOMENT OF TRUTH - SO MUCH FOR LOVE (SALSOUL)

HARLEM RIVER DRIVE - NEED YOU (ARISTA)

ARCHIE BELL/DRELLS - DANCING TO YOUR MUSIC (GLADES)

THREE PIECES - NEED YOU GIRL (FANTASY)

FIVE SPECIAL - THE MORE I GET TO KNOW YOU (TEAI)

OJAYS - TIME TO GET DOWN (PIR)

BACKYARD CONSTRUCTION - I WANT YOUR LOVIN (BYC PROD)

TRUTH - TOUCH ME (DEVAKI)

TOMORROW'S EDITION - PART TIME LOVE (ATLANTIC)

REVELATION - FEEL IT (HANDSHAKE)

CAVIAR - NEVER STOP LOVING YOU (SURVIVOR)

WINFIELD PARKER - I WANT TO BE WITH YOU (P&L)

GENERAL CROOK - THANKS BUT NO THANKS (WAND)

BOBY WOMACK - DAYLIGHT (UA)

The link's dead mate. :P

 

 

 

tony_i said:
The link's dead mate. :P

Balls...missed a bit of the URL off....... whistling.gif .......give it a crack now. Cheers

 

hh

 

hhh

 

J-Brew said:
50 minutes worth of 1970's style 'modern' recommendations in the form of a loosely termed 'mix' for your...enjoyment. whistling.gif None should cost over £25, many around the £5-£8 mark Mostly 'classics' for those who know 70's muck I'd have thought.

Here's what's on there...all available on 7" if that's your prefered fetish.

Download

GOT-CHA - MAKIN LOVE TO YA (STERLING DISC)

MOMENT OF TRUTH - SO MUCH FOR LOVE (SALSOUL)

HARLEM RIVER DRIVE - NEED YOU (ARISTA)

ARCHIE BELL/DRELLS - DANCING TO YOUR MUSIC (GLADES)

THREE PIECES - NEED YOU GIRL (FANTASY)

FIVE SPECIAL - THE MORE I GET TO KNOW YOU (TEAI)

OJAYS - TIME TO GET DOWN (PIR)

BACKYARD CONSTRUCTION - I WANT YOUR LOVIN (BYC PROD)

TRUTH - TOUCH ME (DEVAKI)

TOMORROW'S EDITION - PART TIME LOVE (ATLANTIC)

REVELATION - FEEL IT (HANDSHAKE)

CAVIAR - NEVER STOP LOVING YOU (SURVIVOR)

WINFIELD PARKER - I WANT TO BE WITH YOU (P&L)

GENERAL CROOK - THANKS BUT NO THANKS (WAND)

BOBBY WOMACK - DAYLIGHT (UA)

Some nice stuff there. :P

 

hhh

 

Marvin_Gaye___Lets_get_it_on___mpg_grove_mix____Motown___Universal.mp3

 

 

Andy i've got loads up for grabs here, bet there is either sound clips for most of them on manships or soulclub whistling.gif

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...wtopic=23776&hl

 

hh

 

yy

 

miff said:

so many here for me check out, handy as i'm not out tonight, these should keep me busy for a while

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::D:lol::P

 

Heres one :ohmy: probberly under a tenner,shokcin` :ohmy: 1976 for thispost-1986-1151050942.jpg

And dont know how much these are?,.

:ohmy:

 

ken said:
Heres one :ohmy: probberly under a tenner,shokcin` :ohmy: 1976 for thispost-1986-1151050942.jpg

that's a good shout ken

here's another good 70s cheapie on renfro

 

 

and while we're on 70s, slightly off topic - well, completely in the opposite direction - this is the WORST 70s soul record you will ever hear. i invite suggestions as to what the f*** these people thought they were doing :ohmy:

 

 

Dan said:
that's a good shout ken

here's another good 70s cheapie on renfro

Love it :ohmy: want one :ohmy: cheers Dan

 

Dan said:
that's a good shout ken

here's another good 70s cheapie on renfro

Is that on Renfro? Thought it was on Big Smoky. I'm hearing Frank Everett. I know it got issued on another label, can't remember what right now but sure it's not Renfro. :ohmy:

 

Dan said:
and while we're on 70s, slightly off topic - well, completely in the opposite direction - this is the WORST 70s soul record you will ever hear. i invite suggestions as to what the f*** these people thought they were doing :ohmy:

Whats wrong with this,bit messy at start,but i like it!! :ohmy: give you a fiver for it? :ohmy:

 

J-Brew said:
Is that on Renfro? Thought it was on Big Smoky. I'm hearing Frank Everett. I know it got issued on another label, can't remember what right now but sure it's not Renfro. :ohmy:

oops you've got me there, brewy.

i can't dig it out cos i've no idea which box it's in but i thought it was renfro.pink label i think, which may be confusing me :ohmy:

ken said:
Whats wrong with this,bit messy at start,but i like it!! :ohmy: give you a fiver for it? :D

ken you are kidding :ohmy::P

he's obviously stoned out of his face...it's like listening to elvis when he loses it

 

Dan said:
oops you've got me there, brewy.

i can't dig it out cos i've no idea which box it's in but i thought it was renfro.pink label i think, which may be confusing me :ohmy:

ken you are kidding :ohmy::ohmy:

he's obviously stoned out of his face...

I am :ohmy:

 

ken said:
I am :ohmy:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

 

ken said:
Whats wrong with this,bit messy at start,but i like it!! :ohmy: give you a fiver for it? :ohmy:

no :ohmy: whats other side like? :ohmy:

 

ken said:
no :D whats other side like? whistling.gif

it's called leave me alone, ken, and i bet they did. in droves.

love the drum intro - the drummer later joined whitesnake :lol:

 

 

no bull shitting,trust me, buy these blind.thank me later

WILLIAM BELL / YOU GOT THE LOVE I NEED / STAX

VESSIE SIMMONS / I CANT MAKE IT ON MY OWN / SIMCO

24 KARAT GOLD / WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD / DESERT BONE

SHIRLEY & SHIRELLES / NEVER GIVE IT UP / BELL xover

SPYDER TURNER / IVE BEEN WATIN / WHITFIELD

RANDY BROWN / ALWAYS IN THE MOOD / PARACHUTE

RARE PLEASURE / LET ME DOWN EASY / CHERI

MAJOR LANCE / DONT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU / CONTEMPO

LOVEMAKERS / WHEN YOUR NEXT TO ME / ISLAND

LADY MARGO / SIMPLY GOT TO MAKE IT ON MY OWN / CYNTHIA

JOHNNIE TAYLOR / YOUR THE BEST IN THE WORLD / CBS bside o disco lady

JOHNNY BRISTOL / WATIN ON LOVE / ATLANTIC

GENE READING / MORE THAN IT TAKES / HAVENcapitol (better than this heart)

GAIL EASON / LOVES GONNA FIND YOU / A&M

ECSTASY PASSION & PAIN / ILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU / ROULETTE

DUNN&BRUCE STREET / THE MOMENT OF TRUTH / DEVAKI(will go soon,SAM?)

CHARLES DRAIN / LIFETIME GUARANTEE OFF LOVE / RCA

CHIMES / BEGINNING OF MY LIFE / DOWN TO EARTH

CORNELIUS BROTHERS / GOT TO TESTIFY / UA (blows the balls off its 2 late 2 turn bak

CONTROLLERS / PICTURES & MEMORIES /JUANA (sounds like the biggie CHARADE)

BLOOD SWEAT / TELLL ME THAT IM WRONG / COLUMBIA

BEVERLY & DUANE / GLAD I GOTCHA BABY / FEE & ARIOLA

BEN E KING / WE GOT LOVE / ATLANTIC

REVELATION / SWEET TALK & MELODIES / RSO(4get there rest,this is dogs bs)

INNER SPACE / BREAK THE CHAINS / SWEET FORTUNE (same bak as we the people)

BENNY JOHNSON / BABY I LOVE YOU / TODAY

TOWER OF POWER / YOU OUGHT TO BE HAVIN FUN / COLUMBIA

MOMENTS / RAIN IN MY BACKYARD / STANG

FRESH FLAVOUR / WITHOUT YOU BABY IM A LOSER / BUDDAH

R B HUDMON / THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT / ATLANTIC

MAJOR HARRIS / EACH MORNING I WAKE UP / ATLANTIC

NATURAL FOUR / LOVE SO WONDERFUL / CURTOM

IMPERIAL WONDERS / TRYING TO GET NEXT TO YOU / BLACK PRINCE

R B HUDMON / HOLD ON / ATLANTIC(wait till they pick up on this,cheers weston)

JOE TEX / ALL THE HEAVEN A MAN NEEDS / DIAL

ALL GREAT & ALL UNDER £20

DONT GET ME STARTED ON ACE 70S LP ONLY TRACKS,B HERE ALL NIGHT :D

 

sepia said:
no bull shitting,trust me, buy these blind.thank me later

WILLIAM BELL / YOU GOT THE LOVE I NEED / STAX

VESSIE SIMMONS / I CANT MAKE IT ON MY OWN / SIMCO

24 KARAT GOLD / WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD / DESERT BONE

SHIRLEY & SHIRELLES / NEVER GIVE IT UP / BELL xover

SPYDER TURNER / IVE BEEN WATIN / WHITFIELD

RANDY BROWN / ALWAYS IN THE MOOD / PARACHUTE

RARE PLEASURE / LET ME DOWN EASY / CHERI

MAJOR LANCE / DONT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU / CONTEMPO

LOVEMAKERS / WHEN YOUR NEXT TO ME / ISLAND

LADY MARGO / SIMPLY GOT TO MAKE IT ON MY OWN / CYNTHIA

JOHNNIE TAYLOR / YOUR THE BEST IN THE WORLD / CBS bside o disco lady

JOHNNY BRISTOL / WATIN ON LOVE / ATLANTIC

GENE READING / MORE THAN IT TAKES / HAVENcapitol (better than this heart)

GAIL EASON / LOVES GONNA FIND YOU / A&M

ECSTASY PASSION & PAIN / ILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU / ROULETTE

DUNN&BRUCE STREET / THE MOMENT OF TRUTH / DEVAKI(will go soon,SAM?)

CHARLES DRAIN / LIFETIME GUARANTEE OFF LOVE / RCA

CHIMES / BEGINNING OF MY LIFE / DOWN TO EARTH

CORNELIUS BROTHERS / GOT TO TESTIFY / UA (blows the balls off its 2 late 2 turn bak

CONTROLLERS / PICTURES & MEMORIES /JUANA (sounds like the biggie CHARADE)

BLOOD SWEAT / TELLL ME THAT IM WRONG / COLUMBIA

BEVERLY & DUANE / GLAD I GOTCHA BABY / FEE & ARIOLA

BEN E KING / WE GOT LOVE / ATLANTIC

REVELATION / SWEET TALK & MELODIES / RSO(4get there rest,this is dogs bs)

INNER SPACE / BREAK THE CHAINS / SWEET FORTUNE (same bak as we the people)

BENNY JOHNSON / BABY I LOVE YOU / TODAY

TOWER OF POWER / YOU OUGHT TO BE HAVIN FUN / COLUMBIA

MOMENTS / RAIN IN MY BACKYARD / STANG

FRESH FLAVOUR / WITHOUT YOU BABY IM A LOSER / BUDDAH

R B HUDMON / THIS COULD BE THE NIGHT / ATLANTIC

MAJOR HARRIS / EACH MORNING I WAKE UP / ATLANTIC

NATURAL FOUR / LOVE SO WONDERFUL / CURTOM

IMPERIAL WONDERS / TRYING TO GET NEXT TO YOU / BLACK PRINCE

R B HUDMON / HOLD ON / ATLANTIC(wait till they pick up on this,cheers weston)

JOE TEX / ALL THE HEAVEN A MAN NEEDS / DIAL

ALL GREAT & ALL UNDER £20

DONT GET ME STARTED ON ACE 70S LP ONLY TRACKS,B HERE ALL NIGHT :D

TOP STUFF THERE STEVE...WE'RE OVER IN DUBLIN AGAIN IN AUGUST, HOPE TO GET TO ABERDEEN SOMETIME ...HOPE YOUR WELL !!!

CHRIS N CARLOS :D

 

HOW DO M8,IM WELL THANKS.GOING DUBLIN JULY 21ST.FLIGHTS BOOKED.ANY EXCUSSE TO SEE SIR SOUL SAM.NEVER LETS ME DOWN.HOPE YOUR WELL & CARLOS.MAYBE DO DUBLIN AUGUST TO ? :D

 

sepia said:
HOW DO M8,IM WELL THANKS.GOING DUBLIN JULY 21ST.FLIGHTS BOOKED.ANY EXCUSSE TO SEE SIR SOUL SAM.NEVER LETS ME DOWN.HOPE YOUR WELL & CARLOS.MAYBE DO DUBLIN AUGUST TO ? :D

WE'RE TOP STEVE...CAN'T DO JULY...OFF TO DETROT...BUT ME AND BUDGIE PLAYING IN DUBLIN IN AUGUST ...BE BRILLIANT TO SEE Y'ALL AGAIN...MUST COME TO ABERDEEN SOON !!!!!!!!!!!

CnC :D

 

J-Brew said:
Is that on Renfro? Thought it was on Big Smoky. I'm hearing Frank Everett. I know it got issued on another label, can't remember what right now but sure it's not Renfro. :D

"Spellbound" was re-recorded a couple of years later and was put out as Frank E Moore (probably his real name) on Exochronos Records. Although nice i prefer the original version on Big Smoky.

Mark Houghton

 

bearsoul said:

WE'RE TOP STEVE...CAN'T DO JULY...OFF TO DETROT...BUT ME AND BUDGIE PLAYING IN DUBLIN IN AUGUST ...BE BRILLIANT TO SEE Y'ALL AGAIN...MUST COME TO ABERDEEN SOON !!!!!!!!!!!

CnC :D

TAKE IT YOUR OFF TO DETROIT & NAE AWAY TO THE TOILET.IM GETTIN TO DJ AT DUBLIN JULY(must of blackmaild them or sumit).ENJOY YOUR TRIP. :D

 

:D:D:D YES DETROIT,,,STEVE...SORRY WE'LL MISS JULY..SEE YOU SOON HOPEFULLY... :D

 

MarkH said:
"Spellbound" was re-recorded a couple of years later and was put out as Frank E Moore (probably his real name) on Exochronos Records. Although nice i prefer the original version on Big Smoky.

Mark Houghton

That's the one. ranting_1.gif

 

sepia said:
no bull shitting,trust me, buy these blind.thank me later ALL GREAT & ALL UNDER £20 DONT GET ME STARTED ON ACE 70S LP ONLY TRACKS,B HERE ALL NIGHT ranting_1.gif

..hmm , Pity, some of us might be interested..... :D

 

This was selling cheap on ebay, can't see why :ohmy:

 

Got this for $10.00 about £5.40

:yes:

Link to comment
Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Voices of East Harlem - Cashing In (Just Sunshine)

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Voices_Of_E..._Cashing_In.ram

Debbie Taylor - Just Dont Pay (Arista) - whoever recommended this to me before, thanks!!!

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Debbie_Tayl...n't_Pay.ram

Jimmy Jones - Aint Nothing Wrong Making Love The First Night (Conchillo) - no, there sure isn't!!

will post a clip later.

Dynamics - Aint No Love at All (Cotillion)

Link to comment
Social source share

  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Soulie007

I got this off a guy at work for 10p and I think it's a cracking good Modern soul sound :thumbsup:

So I offer no clues for a bit of fun so I ask can any of you:

Name the Artist?

Name the Title?

Name the Year and Country record released in?

The Record Label?

What you reckon on it?

artist_title_label_come_on_now.mp3

I cannot wait to see the answers :P

Go on give it a shot.

Link to comment
Social source share

Guest Soulie007

Wow you got it right i one shot there Rob. :P

Well done. :P

Sure he is and always will be the master of soul. :thumbsup:

I miss him so much and I will never forget him.

Link to comment
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
 Share

  1. Any Recommendations Northern/ Popcorn Brussels This Weeekend
    All About The Soul by Twoshoes on Wed 08 Jul 2015
    • 5 / 1067
    • Chris L on 15 Jan 2016
  2. Collecting Gospel Albums ! - Any Recommendations Out There ?
    Look At Your Box by 123-motown on Tue 21 May 2013
    • 62 / 6478
    • Lamont on 29 May 2013
  3. More Of This Style, Any Recommendations ?
    All About The Soul by on Sat 25 Jul 2009
    • 12 / 1145
    • Hammersoul on 01 Aug 2009
  4. Melbourne - Any Recommendations?
    All About The Soul by Adi S on Wed 10 Sep 2014
    • 22 / 1938
    • SteveBev on 31 Oct 2014
  5. Mp3 To Podcast Software - Any Recommendations
    All About The Soul by Benji on Mon 01 Apr 2013
    • 3 / 421
    • Pete S on 02 Apr 2013
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.