60's NORTHERN, GOOD 'N PROPER

Alan Walls

Stompers, bangers and teeth gnashers; mid tempo finger snappers and gritty slower tracks to pull pained soulful grimaces at. But nae pish! 1f609.png 

All ex condition

Diane Cunningham - Certain Kind Of Lover - Fontana £100 it’s Chicago-a-go-go here, with Eugene Record, Cam Cameron and Keny Wells all rolling their sleeves up to forge this mid tempo finger snapper that has a wee touch of ‘Love Uprising’ to these ears. Diane – who she? – has a perfect voice for this song, too

Felice Taylor - I Can Feel Your Love - Kent *demo* £55 raucous, brassy, gritty, pounding banger that’s quite the opposite of Diane Cunningham. Original 6T’s style!

***SOLD*** The Penetrations - Sweet Sweet Baby / Champagne Shing A Ling - Highland £400 selling my collection has been a relatively pain-free experience so far, but every now and again I’ll pull something out that makes me shudder to think it’s for the off. This is one. From a young age I came to realise Mr Leonard Jewell Smith Esq was a musical genius and anything he had the vaguest connection with should be bought. If Len Jewell walked in on someone’s recording session and farted, that record would be worth buying. Two fine sides of splendid Northern Soul here, and a genuine, seldom seen rarity.

***SOLD*** Richard Anthony and The Blue Notes - No Good / The Boston Monkey - Swan £80 both sides are 100mph, rowdy, horn-laden baw kickers. Full on!

*** SOLD*** Rick Sheppard - I’m Gonna Change - Bang *demo* £85 top drawer connoisseur’s sound. I’m holding Dean Anderson responsible for this gem, from Ye Olde Stafford days

Shirley Karol - My Baby’s Gone Away - Dakar *demo* £75 damn fine Chicago crossover action, with some serious wailin’ an’ a hollerin on the flip

The Danderliers - All The Way / Walk On With Your Nose Up - Midas £75 right, WTF’s going on here? 3rd time I’ve listed this and keep dropping the price, with ne’er so much as a tickle. None on Discogs, Popsike notes one from December at $96. One of the harder Midas releases, I had some mileage out of at Allanton it in my DJ’ing days. Come on, buy it…

The Stereos - I Can’t Stop These Tears - Cadet *demo* tidy wee track this, sounds like it’s from the late 60’s and quite fitting for today’s vibe

The Visitors - I’m In Danger - Bashie £50 my man Len Jewell again, and an in-vogue group. The rarer first release before Dakar, great Northern dancer, typical Len Jewell tackle…

The Visitors - Never The Less - Tangerine * demo* £125 and speaking of typical Len Jewell tackle, their other one on Tangerine, and rarer than the in-demand ‘What About Me’. Just a bloody good group who made bloody good records for people thousands of miles away across the Atlantic!

Towanda Barnes - If I’m Guilty - Groovy £80 another relisting and again, miles cheaper than Discogs. ******************************************

Terms (please do read this if you're gonna buy something) :

- Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

- Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals. Fact is, I’m selling these by choice, so I’d rather get a reasonable price than no sale at all, and there’s no sense you sitting there thinking you want it but it’s 50p more than on Discogs…

- Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. Please note these are standard Royal Mail prices, rounded up to cover the cost of proper packing. If you don’t want to pay for Special Delivery then fair enough, but understand I can only claim £50 from Royal Mail if they lose or knacker a record in transit, so what refund I pay you will be minus the difference between £50 and the sale price. For overseas destinations, please ask.

- Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you wish the peace of mind of paying as a business transaction, please add 4% to the total (ie record plus shipping). If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement.

- Returns - no quibble, full refund on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.
Ok, that's the formal jive out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest! Cheers, Alan

Diane Cunningham.jpg

Felice Taylor.jpg

Penertrations - Champagne.jpg

Penertrations - Sweet.jpg

Richard Anthony flip.jpg

Richard Anthony.jpg

Rick Sheppard.jpg

Shirley Karol.jpg

The Danderliers.jpg

The Stereos.jpg

The Visitors (Bashie).jpg

The Visitors (Tangerine - Never The Less).jpg