bleusuperb

Overcleaned?

Have had a few 45s from the states recently which seem to have a very pronounced lip, or ragged feel, around the rim, is this due to the use of a mechanical cleaner and how much does it reduce the value ?

Have had a few 45s from the states recently which seem to have a very pronounced lip, or ragged feel, around the rim, is this due to the use of a mechanical cleaner and how much does it reduce the value ?

It's hard to think seeing that avatar of yours, but does it affect the sound or looks of it?

If not and if it's just around the edges I know I would'nt care.

Guest Stuart T

Don't think that I've seen a mechanical cleaner that makes contact with the edge of a record. Most of them place the record on a platter like a record player and suck the muck off once its been dissolved in cleaning solution.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.