"everywhere"

She sounds so familiar but I just can't place the voice from this 7" acetate.

It has the name PATTI written on the upper right hand corner of the sleeve, but that could be who the song is suggested for as well.

Any help twould be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Me Thinks You Are Correct. Twas so close to me That mine eyes couldn't see.

Pulled out one of Pat's acetates "Soul Ain't Nothin' But The Blues" b/w "Nothing But Tears" and listened to her version of "Does She Ever Remind You Of Me" to confirm.

Thanks!

In the same box I found a 7" acetate of a Ron Miller & Lee Porter song "50/50". I'll have to get it digitized to see if you can figure out who this female vocalist is too.

Ron Miller wrote "For Once In My Life" (#3 - US 1968) , "A Place In The Sun" (#9 US 1969), "Yester Me Yester You Yesterday" (#7 - US 1969), "Heaven Help Us All" (#9 - US 1970) For Steve Wonder, "Touch Me In The Morning" (#9 - US 1973 for Diana Ross, "I've Never Been To Me" (#3 - US. #1 - UK, #1 - Canada, #1 Australia 1982 for Charlene. So The Guy's Got Chops having attained many to ten hits for Motown artist in the 1960's and 1970's.

Thanks Again.

Social source share

Me Thinks You Are Correct. Twas so close to me That mine eyes couldn't see.

Pulled out one of Pat's acetates "Soul Ain't Nothin' But The Blues" b/w "Nothing But Tears" and listened to her version of "Does She Ever Remind You Of Me" to confirm.

Thanks!

In the same box I found a 7" acetate of a Ron Miller & Lee Porter song "50/50". I'll have to get it digitized to see if you can figure out who this female vocalist is too.

Ron Miller wrote "For Once In My Life" (#3 - US 1968) , "A Place In The Sun" (#9 US 1969), "Yester Me Yester You Yesterday" (#7 - US 1969), "Heaven Help Us All" (#9 - US 1970) For Steve Wonder, "Touch Me In The Morning" (#9 - US 1973 for Diana Ross, "I've Never Been To Me" (#3 - US. #1 - UK, #1 - Canada, #1 Australia 1982 for Charlene. So The Guy's Got Chops having attained many to ten hits for Motown artist in the 1960's and 1970's.

Thanks Again.

I interviewed Mickey Stevenson recently and he told a great story about Ron Miller....hopefully it'll be in the next 'manifesto' and on The Metropolitan Soul Show.

Social source share

I interviewed Mickey Stevenson recently and he told a great story about Ron Miller....hopefully it'll be in the next 'manifesto' and on The Metropolitan Soul Show.

Hi Simon,

Did he happen to mention what female singer Ron used on demos?

Social source share

Hi Simon,

Did he happen to mention what female singer Ron used on demos?

Oh and here is another peice of unissued (demo) Pat Lundy greatness called "The Fooler Got Fooled"

sorry it's just a clip but the full version will be on an upcoming Pat Lundy project in the works.

Cheers!

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert