Oxford soulless towns....

Mgm 1251
Message added by Mike,

posts split from another topic

14 hours ago, Mush said:

Young and stupid, maybe, but it was our passion, and nothing can take that away, we are Soulies.

I absolutely loved it, yes it was all main stream stuff, but the point is the BBC recognised our passion and put it out there, yes we are are a niche group of people but putting it out there can only be for the benefit of us, I didn't even know it was on. Until last year I lived in a small village in Oxfordshire for 5 years, nobody had even heard of Northern Soul there, I got a text this morning to say watch it on catch up from my mate Dave(75), he absolutly loved it, never too old to enjoy our passion!!!

Now living back in my home city, Southampton

Slightly off topic...

As a matter of interest,where was the  ‘soul-less’ village in Oxfordshire...?

cheers ... Chris....

Social source share

56 minutes ago, Mgm 1251 said:

Slightly off topic...

As a matter of interest,where was the  ‘soul-less’ village in Oxfordshire...?

cheers ... Chris....

Lots of soul-less villages in Oxfordshire (& towns too) ...

... most of the Oxon Cotswolds villages are full of prats like Jeremy Clarkson, the Beckhams, David Cameron, Rebekah Brooks & similar types. I'd include Chipping Norton but at least that used to have a decent recording studio (long gone now). Abingdon however is ultra soulful. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

32 minutes ago, Mush said:

Chris, I lived in Chalgrove, not a very big village, nice and quiet, now back home due to 2 grandchildren.

Oh yes....I know where you mean,out in the middle of nowhere...old airfield there too,with a test run facility for ejector seats....👍

it must have been a culture shock going  back to S’oton :yes:

Social source share

1 hour ago, Roburt said:

Lots of soul-less villages in Oxfordshire (& towns too) ...

... most of the Oxon Cotswolds villages are full of prats like Jeremy Clarkson, the Beckhams, David Cameron, Rebekah Brooks & similar types. I'd include Chipping Norton but at least that used to have a decent recording studio (long gone now). Abingdon however is ultra soulful. 

There’s a fair amount of truth in what you say there,tho there are a few soulies out Witney way...👍

i’m just down the road from you in Didcot,originally from Wantage...👍

Edited by Mgm 1251
Spellin’
Social source share

No, I used to come home every other weekend to see my family as I still had my house in Southampton, Chalgrove Airfield, where Martin Baker test their ejector seats, I built machines at a company over the road, I liked it there but it was time to come home.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!