There's That Beat

Hi All,

The Anniversary Edition of THERE'S THAT BEAT! is now available. 56 full color, glossy pages rammed (and I mean RAMMED!), with features. In this bumper 56 pages this time round, you'll find:

The Story of Harthon Records as told by the guys that lived it. Three erstwhile young music men take their dreams and together use Frank Virtue's studio to create magic! McDougall, Randolph and Stiles, DynoDynamic Music, The original - Sound Of Philadelphia!

Mike Terry - The story of Mike Terry, 'Lil Funk. The saxophonist, song-writer, producer, arranger and all round musical icon tells his own story through Jason Thornton. From the heady days of "The Snakepit" through a career that spawned more records that many folks would ever imagine. So many in fact that we had to remind him of more than a few! A true Legend and gentleman to boot.

UK ISSUED RARE SOUL - Neil Rushton takes a comprehensive look at the sound of soul on UK labels. Rare, hard to find classic rare soul 45s on legendary UK labels.

MOTOWN - The Sound Of Young America

TTB! investigates the Motown label in a series of features concentrating on Berry Gordy's individual labels and their output. From one offs to Mega Hits. They're all here!

Plus reviews of The Pittsburgh Rare Soul Allnighter and The Prestatyn Weekender and much more.

All in full glorious color.

post-1369-1182255739.jpg

You can take a peek or order your copy now on the website at https://www.theresthatbeat.com

Subscribers will see theirs in then mail on the 25th. Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure you will.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Carl Dixon

Dave - looking forward to it. Also the Harthon episode will be of great interest. I have a short video clip of where the Harthon offices used to be in Philly. I better check the mail.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert