Out On Monday

Guest Paul

Out on Monday...

TONY BORDERS

Cheaters Never Win

(SSCD 7002)

18 tracks - everything from Tony's Muscle Shoals sessions, recorded at Quinvy Studios from 1967 to 1970, including tracks originally released on South Camp, Quinvy, Revue and Uni - plus six tracks which didn't surface until 1989 when they were issued on a series of five Charly LPs which are long-since deleted. Liner notes by Paul Mooney.

This is a great 'companion' album to the recently released Bill Brandon album...

BILL BRANDON

Rainbow Road

(SSCD 7001)

24 tracks covering Bill's sessions recorded at Quinvy Studios and Sound of Birmingham from 1967 to 1976, including tracks originally released on Quinvy, South Camp, Tower, Moonsong and Piedmont - plus the previously unissued "I'll Be Your Puppet" which was recently disovered in the vaults. Liner notes by John Ridley.

Both albums are on the Soulscape label and are available direct from www.garryjcape.com

Watch out for more albums in this series.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Richard Bergman

Out on Monday...

TONY BORDERS

Cheaters Never Win

(SSCD 7002)

18 tracks - everything from Tony's Muscle Shoals sessions, recorded at Quinvy Studios from 1967 to 1970, including tracks originally released on South Camp, Quinvy, Revue and Uni - plus six tracks which didn't surface until 1989 when they were issued on a series of five Charly LPs which are long-since deleted. Liner notes by Paul Mooney.

This is a great 'companion' album to the recently released Bill Brandon album...

BILL BRANDON

Rainbow Road

(SSCD 7001)

24 tracks covering Bill's sessions recorded at Quinvy Studios and Sound of Birmingham from 1967 to 1976, including tracks originally released on Quinvy, South Camp, Tower, Moonsong and Piedmont - plus the previously unissued "I'll Be Your Puppet" which was recently disovered in the vaults. Liner notes by John Ridley.

Both albums are on the Soulscape label and are available direct from www.garryjcape.com

Watch out for more albums in this series.

Tony Borders is a very underated singer, this compilation is a great place for both old and new fans of Mr Borders.

As for Bill Brandon the man is a true genius.

The title track Rainbow Road is too good for words.

Highly recommend both cds to those who haven't come across the artists before.

You won't be dissapointed.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Tony Borders is a very underated singer, this compilation is a great place for both old and new fans of Mr Borders.

As for Bill Brandon the man is a true genius.

The title track Rainbow Road is too good for words.

Highly recommend both cds to those who haven't come across the artists before.

You won't be dissapointed.

ID AGREE WITH THAT INFACT CHEATERS NEVER WIN IS ONE OF MY FAV DEEP THINGS AT THE MOMMENT,GONNA HAVE TO GET THIS.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Are these only going to be available via Garry, Paul, or will they also be purchaseable from Amazon etc.?

I think we should be told! :D

Best,

TONY

Social source share

Hello,

The Soulscape albums are available direct from Garry Cape www.garryjcape.com and are also available from all outlets who supplied Grapevine / Soul Junction product in the past - in the UK, Europe, Japan and the USA.

They should also be available from amazon.com etc via our US distributors, City Hall.

I'm working as production manager / A&R consultant for Soulscape, as I did for Grapevine, and I'm also involved with these products as a publisher (Millbrand control rights to the Quinvy/South Camp and Moonsong/Act One catalogues etc) so I'm very proud of these albums and I'm pleased to say there are many more forthcoming - all with quality mastering, detailed liner notes, previously unissued tracks etc.

The next two albums are scheduled for July and I'll make sure this forum gets the details first.

If anyone has any enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Paul Mooney

e-mail: info@millbrand.com

Tel: 01642 8096795 / 01642 218057

Fax: 01642 800986

Mobile: 07724 051117

Social source share

...Are these only going to be available via Garry, Paul, or will they also be purchaseable from Amazon etc.?

I think we should be told! :D

Best,

TONY

Hello Tony, I've sent you an offline message.

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert