Paypal Funding Options

macca

What's with Paypal pushing you to use your bank account as the primary funding option?

Before, I paid for stuff with my credit card & my bank account was only used for withdrawing funds.

Next thing I know is I find a raft of reversed payments, 'cos my bank refused to pay up, due to my negative bank balance. Paypal then start sending me messages saying that I had told my bank that I had not authorised said payments, freezing my account in the process. I'm then asked to reactivate the account changing passwords & entering new funding options etc, etc. A right pain in the rectum! It had crossed my mind that I'd been the victim of phishing or whatever. Has this happened to anybody else?

Edited by macca
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What's with Paypal pushing you to use your bank account as the primary funding option?

Before, I paid for stuff with my credit card & my bank account was only used for withdrawing funds.

Next thing I know is I find a raft of reversed payments, 'cos my bank refused to pay up, due to my negative bank balance. Paypal then start sending me messages saying that I had told my bank that I had not authorised said payments, freezing my account in the process. I'm then asked to reactivate the account changing passwords & entering new funding options etc, etc. A right pain in the rectum! It had crossed my mind that I'd been the victim of phishing or whatever. Has this happened to anybody else?

be careful that it aint a scam and its defo paypal, they always address you by name and not "dear paypal member" so be very careful, ive never had any trouble with paypal but i think i am one of the lucky ones, a few have had similar problems, good luck as they are a law unto themselves but by far the safest and easiest way to pay, im thinking of selling quite a few tunes soon but i dont want to have thre money held by them but its either that or everything by cash or cheque, they kind of got international and non international sellers by the balls it seems and they know it too

Social source share

too right. the returned payments were in my bank statement & had been returned 'cos I was overdrawn. fair enough. they also coincided with 'failed transfers' on my paypal account, which I access directly & never from emails. what surprised me was that fact that my primary funding option had been changed to my bank account. I don't remember changing it, so I can only assume they'd done it. how can they move money out of your account without your authorisation? that surely must be dodgy, no? I'm gonnapay extremely close attention to my funding options from now on.

Social source share

You can never be too careful when using paypal ,ebay ,internet banking etc etc!

By default ,when you enter a bank account to your paypal account ,the funds are drawn firstly from funds in your paypal account,then your bank account!

The way round this is,when you are paying for a purchase ,click on the"more funding options" and then choose other method(credit card or whatever).

I know this from experience cos i only had a cred card registered until i started selling on ebay.I registered bank account to recieve payments ,in order to transfer funds into a bank account.Shit myself when i found my bank account overdrawn :thumbsup:

Also i recently had emails from paypal saying i needed to update my details ,so i could have the paypal logo on my ebay sales page?? I knew this to be a bogus so i logged on to the email pretending to be a sucker.when i was prompted for my password i put " F***YOU" :shades::wave::wave:

The best way IMHO is,if your not sure ,go to paypal by typing in the web address and check if you have any instructions .Also never store important sites(paypal /bank etc in your favourites).Always best to type em in everytime.I even continue typing if the browser prompts one from the dropdown box.

On a slight tangent here, ive recently had a few emails sent to me from differnent banks asking for me to update my records,im not even a member of them??? thing is ,if i dont reply they continue sending em.PHISING is the terminology i think!

ALWAYS BE ON YOUR GUARD AND THINK BEFORE YOU ACT :lol:

BE SAFE

NEV thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!