What Does This Tune Usually Go For?

hello :thumbup:

just wondered if you guys could give me a ruff estimate on how much the velvet satins - nothin can compare to you usually sells for? its on general american label

cheers

jay

p.s merry xmas and a soulful new year :lol:

Edited by thenewgeneration
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Vinyl

Here is a >>> LINK <<< to a recent thread about this record.

I only have Manships 3rd Edition which lists;

DJ Vinyl Black & White £300

DJ Styrene Red Swirl £250

Stock Styrene Yellow Swirl £300

I'm not sure what todays prices are but it does differ slightly depending on which one.

This is one of the Original DEMO's (Vinyl)

General_American_GA-006a.jpg

I have the Vinyl Version of this, which has the "Bell Sound" & The "Nashville Matrix". Both Sides.

On the "Nothing Can Compare To You" Side. DeadWax as follows.

@ 06 Oclock "Bell Sound" Stamped

@ 05 O'Clock "ZXSE-12304 RE - 1D" Scratched

@ 02 O'Clock "Nashville Matrix" Stamped

@ 12 O'Clock "5" Scratched

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

basically heres a pic of what im looking at (hopefuly its bloody uploaded alrite)

This looks styrene type plastic. There was an original like this but it must be Bell sound stamped. The look-a-like boot is very similar but is not Bellsound stamped. There are a number of different originals ( i.e. pressed at various pressing plants as part of the original 60's promotion) There are a lot of different boots/ look-a-likes done at various times to supply demand on the Northern Soul scene. The price of this record will depend on which one it is.

Social source share

This looks styrene type plastic. There was an original like this but it must be Bell sound stamped. The look-a-like boot is very similar but is not Bellsound stamped. There are a number of different originals ( i.e. pressed at various pressing plants as part of the original 60's promotion) There are a lot of different boots/ look-a-likes done at various times to supply demand on the Northern Soul scene. The price of this record will depend on which one it is.

It is a Minefield, Your scan does look like it should be Styrene,

which should have the Matrix stamp.

Bell_Sound.jpg-- Nashville_Matrix-1.jpg

Check the Deadwax. I am a little concerned at the width of the Deadwax on your scan.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

It is a Minefield, Your scan does look like it should be Styrene,

which should have the Matrix stamp.

Bell_Sound.jpg-- Nashville_Matrix-1.jpg

Check the Deadwax. I am a little concerned at the width of the Deadwax on your scan.

You're right, the run-out does look to wide on the picture when compered to an original. The original styrene also has 2 raised X's in the run-out on the flip side.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert