Cane And Able Lp

• Replies 3
  • Views 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know that this was booted.. can anyone tell me the difference between a real one and a not real one

thanks x

Don't know if it was booted Kirsty, it was re released legitimately I think, as were all their lp's. It wasn't released in the USA or UK. It's a European lp, I think the group were based in France although American. I presume you're talking about "Relating a message to you".I've got an orig from Italy. I think it came out in a few European countries. I don't know what the re issue looks like to compare mine with, sorry.

Jordi

Social source share

Don't know if it was booted Kirsty, it was re released legitimately I think, as were all their lp's. It wasn't released in the USA or UK. It's a European lp, I think the group were based in France although American. I presume you're talking about "Relating a message to you".I've got an orig from Italy. I think it came out in a few European countries. I don't know what the re issue looks like to compare mine with, sorry.

Jordi

Hi Jordi/Kirsty

I'm pretty sure mine is a reissue but was bought in good faith. Could'nt be arsed to send it back to France.

I understood it had a French issue so got one from France. However, it has the usual tell tale signs of a reissue ie glossy cover and pristine white inner sleeve. These records are supposed to be over 30 years old so it should be easy to tell. It should have the feel of somthing that age. Hard to explain in writing. Also the reissue should cost no more than a tenner.

That said, and to complicate matters, I have shown it to people who have disagreed with me and consider it origninal. My glass is always half empty! But my guts tell me I am right.

Great act and very popular hence the reissues of I think at least two of their albums.

See you later Alan

Social source share

Jordi

I've seen this on French, Dutch, Italian and even seen one on a Turkish issue, possibly German too. Strange that they never released it in the UK. I prefer the "Relating a message" album to the self titled one.

Tomo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!