Once Upon A Time

Alot of the threads at the moment are getting a bit serious (which I have no prob with) but thought time for a bit of fun, following on from the worst record stuff etc that I think we've done to death now and has ended up in the usual slanging match.

Just been watching that "Second Chance" thing and got me thinking - A person maybe boyfriend/girlfriend from your "youth" and the record that always reminds you of them or you associate them.

Will start it off with three of mine

A guy called Steve Jones, The Night - Frankie Valli, about 1974 (still in my box), also took me to my first Man City game - B**t**d still support them now!

Mikey Bailey - One WOnderful Moment - the Shakers early 70s sometime (think I'll look on ebay) and we're still great mates, even though he would never go out with me!!

Pete White (1st husband) Band Of Gold - Freda Payne (don't think I'll bother looking for that one, we're not great mates)

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just been watching that "Second Chance" thing and got me thinking - A person maybe boyfriend/girlfriend from your "youth" and the record that always reminds you of them or you associate them.

link

Lou Johnson - Always something there to remind me - Kirsti Wilding 1985 - 1987

Gladys Knight & the Pipps - Midnight train to Georgia - Joanne Wells 1990 - Present

Social source share

Hi chrissieo, whilst you're in light hearted mood though I'd add that your fave record Queen Of Fools almost got entered twice under 'Records That could Never Make A Comeback" & 'Records That Should Never Have Been Played'

But as I was in semi - serious mood I never got round to it.

Now what are we supposed to be discussing? Oh yeah......I'll come back to it.

Col

Social source share

Hi chrissieo, whilst you're in light hearted mood though I'd add that your fave record Queen Of Fools almost got entered twice under 'Records That could Never Make A Comeback" & 'Records That Should Never Have Been Played'

But as I was in semi - serious mood I never got round to it.

Now what are we supposed to be discussing? Oh yeah......I'll come back to it.

Col

link

No problem with that as long as it still spins in "My Front Room" each to ther own - where I do recognise that QOF is probably not one of the greatest records ever made it's personal to me so maybe I should add to my list of records that remind me of people.

Chrissieo 1958 - present Queen Of Fools - Barabara mills, reminds me of me on so many occasions over the years, and its at the FRONT of my box.

Most of us have a record thqat no one else likes but for our own reasons it's special to us, and really I use it on signature as a bit of a p*ss take of myself.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert