Record Question

Guest northernmod

Guest northernmod

I've had this record for ages: The Impressions - You've been cheatin' / Amen

And it's an UK issue on ABC...the label says: ABC 4148 1976 Made in U.K. and it's an Advance Promotion Copy...

I'd like to know if it's a strange kind of bootleg or if it's a legal issue (in 1976?)...to me it doesn't seem a bootleg but I find it a bit strange...and I don't know much on UK issues..

So if anybody can enlight me about the origin of this record (and what is the value...if it has one), the help will be much appreciated!

Thanks from Italy

P.s. I can post pics...

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And it's an UK issue on ABC...the label says: ABC 4148 1976 Made in U.K. and it's an Advance Promotion Copy...

I'd like to know if it's a strange kind of bootleg or if it's a legal issue (in 1976?)...to me it doesn't seem a bootleg but I find it a bit strange...and I don't know much on UK issues..

So if anybody can enlight me about the origin of this record (and what is the value...if it has one), the help will be much appreciated!

Thanks from Italy

P.s. I can post pics...

I can't give you a value but I do know what you've got there is a UK re-issue of an earlier release on HMV. Can't remember what year it came out on HMV but I think it was about 1965.

Hope this goes a little way to a better understanding.

Social source share

Legit re-issue from 1976.

Not that valuable I'm afraid.

Seen it on a list within the last few months for £6.

Tabs

Thanks from Italy

P.s. I can post pics...

Social source share

I can't give you a value but I do know what you've got there is a UK re-issue of an earlier release on HMV. Can't remember what year it came out on HMV but I think it was about 1965.

Hope this goes a little way to a better understanding.

1965 is correct - Amen/ Long Long Winter on HMV POP1492

You've Been Cheatin'/ Just One Kiss From You on HMV POP1498

Social source share

Guest northernmod

Thanks for the help and the fast replies!

I didn't expect it being valuable, think I paid circa 15 £ four years ago and if I sell it (as I'll do sooner or later) it will be only to have back the money I paid. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!