KELLY ST CLAIR

grant

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's on AMM. I can't remeber what it was covered up as, but was being spun around that time. I'm pretty sure it the same as the Millage Kelly St. Claire. I've been meaning to get one for the last 20 years, but suspect when I finally do get around to it, I'll discover how terrible it really is!

Value £20 - £50, depending on which way the 'Northern' wind blowing? Or maybe £1000 on an auction near you soon!! :(mint minus & complete with company mailer too :-))

Social source share

Hear that beat was my fav sound from the Wigan era, however hearing it now i feel it just isn't right for todays scene....... Even so I do belt it out around the house from time to time. I paid £25 for a copy in 1979, and sold it about 18 months later when I sold my first collection. I think I recently saw a copy in a box for £90.

A copy did sell on ebay last year for around £40.

Social source share

• 4 years later...

It's on AMM. I can't remeber what it was covered up as, but was being spun around that time. I'm pretty sure it the same as the Millage Kelly St. Claire. I've been meaning to get one for the last 20 years, but suspect when I finally do get around to it, I'll discover how terrible it really is!

Value £20 - £50, depending on which way the 'Northern' wind blowing? Or maybe £1000 on an auction near you soon!! :(mint minus & complete with company mailer too :-))

Kelly was in AMM studio the same time we were backing The Presentations.. Call On Me/Sorry

and a few other artist.

I would have to hear the clip...and might be able to tell you more.

Larry

Social source share

how can "hear that beat" not be right for todays scene!!! total rollocks, in a time of more n more underplayed

oldies being spun again this imho would and certainly does full into this catergory. was this tune spun firstly

at wigan in the late 70s? as this was a top spin at st.ives in the mid 70s.

regards values, did manage to pick up a copy for £40 of ebay nobody else bid on it, was that because its a

crap "pop" record!! no, i think as it seems not many know it :lol: been playing it out for a while now

,always gets them up dancing and now get requests to play it :lol:

todays market value £100+ isnt a lot for a quality underplayed 45 if you can find a copy!!!

TOP TUNE buy it play it!!!

russ

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

how can "hear that beat" not be right for todays scene!!! total rollocks, in a time of more n more underplayed

oldies being spun again this imho would and certainly does full into this catergory. was this tune spun firstly

at wigan in the late 70s? as this was a top spin at st.ives in the mid 70s.

regards values, did manage to pick up a copy for £40 of ebay nobody else bid on it, was that because its a

crap "pop" record!! no, i think as it seems not many know it :lol: been playing it out for a while now

,always gets them up dancing and now get requests to play it :lol:

todays market value £100+ isnt a lot for a quality underplayed 45 if you can find a copy!!!

TOP TUNE buy it play it!!!

russ

here here russ, i got one off the bay and promptly sold it on to jm, can't remember how much, but i think he auctioned it later! don't know how much it went for, but as records go it's damn hard to get hold of. great tune and one that should be played. i seem to remember arthur fenn spinning it around same time as linda glass etc. not really a wigan tune tho, more cleethorpes and the fleet, st ives etc. may be wrong, but it's how i remember it. as russ said buy it and bloody well play it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!