Driazabone

I believe on a 12" press, but don't know the date.

Driazabone - "Love connection"............stonking track, and I can't work out why I've never heard it before ? :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I believe on a 12" press, but don't know the date.

Driazabone - "Love connection"............stonking track, and  I can't work out why I've never heard it before ? :thumbup:

link

Sure it's not JOI CARDWELL/ TOWA TEI - LUV CONNECTION?

It has a very similar sound to Drizabone.

Derek

Social source share

Sure it's not  JOI CARDWELL/ TOWA TEI  - LUV CONNECTION?

It has a very similar sound to Drizabone.

Derek

link

It's actually only credited to Towa Tei, no mention of Ms. Cardwell - on the UK Elektra demo 12" anyway.

Was there ever a edited version released? I love the track, played it to death before issue, but always thought it a tad long at 8 minutes plus!

Jerry.

Social source share

It's actually only credited to Towa Tei, no mention of Ms. Cardwell - on the UK Elektra demo 12" anyway.

Was there ever a edited version released? I love the track, played it to death before issue, but always thought it a tad long at 8 minutes plus!

Jerry.

link

I've got the uk demo too only credits TOWA TEI but i like to mention the vocalist. Haven't seen an edit of it so far.

Derek

Social source share

I've got the uk demo too only credits TOWA TEI but i like to mention the vocalist.

Derek

link

No problem with that Derek, as one who thinks Joi Cardwell is underrated! Picked up her "Run to you" on Eight Ball in an Oxfam shop the other day for pence, only trouble is, again, the vocal mix is over 8 mins - with that long an intro, even I could mix it perfectly! :thumbup:

Back on the main topic, I've no recollection of a Drizabone track of that name either!

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

No problem with that Derek, as one who thinks Joi Cardwell is underrated! Picked up her "Run to you" on Eight Ball in an Oxfam shop the other day for pence, only trouble is, again, the vocal mix is over 8 mins - with that long an intro, even I could mix it perfectly! :thumbsup:

Back on the main topic, I've no recollection of a Drizabone track of that name either!

Jerry.

link

Well cheers people. Reading the comments looks like I'm wrong, but a heard a downloaded MP3 track, and that did say Drizabone :yes:

That said, it is about 7 plus minutes long, so sounds like the track you are taking about.

Any ideas when it was released ?

Social source share

Well cheers people. Reading the comments looks like I'm wrong, but a heard a downloaded MP3 track, and that did say Drizabone  :thumbsup:

That said, it is about 7 plus minutes long, so sounds like the track you are taking about.

Any ideas when it was released ?

link

Early to mid 90's on ELEKTRA i have the promo which doesn't have a release date on it

Derek

Social source share

Early to mid 90's on ELEKTRA i have the promo which doesn't have a release date on it

Derek

link

Any other stuff, other than refered to in this thread, by this artist ?

Social source share

link

If you mean Towa Tei, he used to be one third of Deee-Lite of "Groove is in the Heart" fame.

There are at least two solo albums one of which has some nice tracks with Bebel Gilberto singing.

Maybe not for this forum though...

Godz

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

If you mean Towa Tei, he used to be one third of Deee-Lite of "Groove is in the Heart" fame.

There are at least two solo albums one of which has some nice tracks with Bebel Gilberto singing.

Maybe not for this forum though...

Godz

link

bloody love the deee-lite debut album .....superb :thumbsup:

Davie

Social source share

link

Here's what I have in my collection - think there may have been an album as well around this time...

TOWA TEI- LUV CONNECTION 1995 UK ELEKTRA SAM 1661 12" DEMO

TOWA TEI-TECHNOVA 1995 US ELEKTRA 0-66141 12" ISSUE

...think I read this morning that he's doing some production on the next Kylie album!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert