Professional Record Cleaning

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anybody know where I can send a couple of records to be professionally cleaned I live West Mids local would be a help but just need a good job doing so prepared to send away if necessary.

Gaz

ive heard of somewhere you can send records to and they give them a vinyl wash which gets rid of crackles etc. dunno if its true though.

Westy

Social source share

Guest soulboy

Anybody know where I can send a couple of records to be professionally cleaned I live West Mids local would be a help but just need a good job doing so prepared to send away if necessary.

Gaz

i iknow a lad from shrewsburys just got one he is starting up doing it from home if your not sorted

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

i iknow a lad from shrewsburys just got one he is starting up doing it from home if your not sorted

My brother bought himself an up-market record cleaner because it was cheaper than always getting them done professionally. He swears by it. It uses a "Solution" to loosen the crud and a (Non-contact) vacuum cleaner to suck it out. He says the solution looks strangely familiar and he reckons that soapy water would do the job just as well.

But he's not had the bottle to try it yet...

Social source share

Guest soulfulguy

:thumbsup: Hi have always used warm water and mild detergent! also you can use lighter fluid ,try not to smoke whilst doin this tho !the warm water and washing up liquid will do the trick of removing crud but those crackles and hisses just wont go away !When using warm water method use new clean sponge and ensure you dont catch label as some colors can run ! No joke found that these methods do work and are safe enuf.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

I quite like my hi-fi stuff etc, and the other day whilst looking found a site that had some solution that removed crackles etc, i did save it somewhere, i'll try and find the link.

edit.found link, hasten to add i havent used it.

https://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR67501

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Like an idiot i once tried the steam from a boiling kettle the savage record wrapped round my fingers like a boa constrictor........ ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!