Columbia - George Carrow - Red Stock Copy Correct Title

I have in my collection these George Carrow - On Columbia

Columbia_4-44161_DJ.jpgColumbia_4-44161.jpgColumbia_4-44161_DJ_R.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( You Don't Even Love Me ) - BRING BACK MY HEART - Columbia 4-44161

(WHITE DEMO) - (INCORRECT TITLE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( You Don't Even Love Me ) - BRING BACK MY HEART - Columbia 4-44161

(RED STOCK COPY) - (INCORRECT TITLE)

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - Columbia 4-44161 -

(WHITE DEMO) - ( SPECIAL RUSH RESERVICE )

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - BRING BACK MY HEART - Columbia 4-44161

(GREY STOCK COPY) - 70's

I have been trying to find out;

Does a 60's RED STOCK COPY exist with the Correct Title?

Does anyone know?

I posted this question about 2 Months ago on Hitsville Soul Club Of America

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/Forums/Topic1143-7-1.aspx

Between us, so far, we can't confirm it's existance.

The Incorrect Title RED STOCK COPY is extremely rare and I have always sort of assumed that the correct spelling RED STOCK COPY therefore must be more common.

To go through the whole saga of producing the first DEMO & RED STOCK COPY, and then WITHDRAWING it due to the INCORRECT TITLE and then producing the RUSH RESERVICE WDJ does seem a lot of trouble to go to if they didn't follow it all up with the correctly Titled RED STOCK COPY.

Regards

Roger

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have in my collection these George Carrow - On Columbia

Columbia_4-44161_DJ.jpgColumbia_4-44161.jpgColumbia_4-44161_DJ_R.jpg

(WHITE DEMO) - (INCORRECT TITLE)

(RED STOCK COPY) - (INCORRECT TITLE)

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - Columbia 4-44161 -

(WHITE DEMO) - ( SPECIAL RUSH RESERVICE )

George Carrow - ANGEL BABY ( Don't You Ever Leave Me ) - BRING BACK MY HEART - Columbia 4-44161

(GREY STOCK COPY) - 70's

I have been trying to find out;

Does a 60's RED STOCK COPY exist with the Correct Title?

Does anyone know?

I posted this question about 2 Months ago on Hitsville Soul Club Of America

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/Forums/Topic1143-7-1.aspx

Between us, so far, we can't confirm it's existance.

The Incorrect Title RED STOCK COPY is extremely rare and I have always sort of assumed that the correct spelling RED STOCK COPY therefore must be more common.

To go through the whole saga of producing the first DEMO & RED STOCK COPY, and then WITHDRAWING it due to the INCORRECT TITLE and then producing the RUSH RESERVICE WDJ does seem a lot of trouble to go to if they didn't follow it all up with the correctly Titled RED STOCK COPY.

Regards

Roger

Hi All

As I posted this a couple of weeks ago, I can only assume that the RED STOCK COPY with the correct title doesn't exist. GEORGE CARROW must have wondered if the record would have been more successful had it been correctly titled fist time around. The mistake appears to have hindered the records chances until of course it was picked up by us and then released on the Grey Stock Copy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert