Pressing Probs

NEV

Hi all

I have two copies of this record (both bought seperatley from different suppliers) and at 1st glance they both look mint

But when i play em ..they both have a bit of crackle and even the sound quality is low

CAPTIONS -HIT IT (MILLAGE RECORDS)

Just wondered if other's who have it ,have eperienced the same ??

Thanks

Nevsmile.gif

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

NEV

I've had the 2 of the same record, same ,label, same a&b on Atlantic,TSU Tornadoes, but different size font. :thumbsup:I gave the one with smaller font away and kept the one in the larger FONT which was in better condition. I don't know why, possibly another country America vs Canada

C U Saturday I hope Nev

Andy

Social source share

Shame innit...every copy I've had or know of is Lo-Fi at best...and most have the labels on the wrong sides too!?

6.gif

Yep - totally concur with you about the lo-fi quality of the Captions, Dave.

Of the few I've seen (my old copy included), they all had their labels on the right side. Didn't know the press run of this had suffered reversed labels - only the Four Reputations.

Social source share

Yep - totally concur with you about the lo-fi quality of the Captions, Dave.

Of the few I've seen (my old copy included), they all had their labels on the right side. Didn't know the press run of this had suffered reversed labels - only the Four Reputations.

Agree ..my two copies have labels correct way too.

To be honest i brought this up because i can't believe how shiny the vinyl is ,yet there is a crackle in parts on both copies

having said that i had two copies of Patti Hamilton -love bandit (cotillion) that both looked unplayed ,yet had crackle .

Is this maybe something to do with using recycled vinyl in the pressing plant??

Ironically i only bought the second copies in the hope of getting better playable copiessad.gif

But then again i'm a real fussy git when it comes to records that have a bit of crackle,but surprisingly nobody comments when theyre played out no.gif

Maybe it's less evident over a loud system ??....or is it because peeps are too busy chatting to noticebiggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!