Cleo Randle

Hi there,

I've been treating myself to a Volume a month of (The !!!! Beat and am up to number 3 which features this female blues shouter (well she's loud and she's bluesy).

I've only come across one single by her so far; "Big City Lights" which features on the show.

Does anyone know anything else about her and what other releases she made?

Thanks

Perry

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Big City Lights" on STA-SET is one of my all-time favourite ballads. So gritty it hurts. She seems to have been mainly active in the gospel field and I've read that some cassettes or LPs from as late as the 80s shall be in existence. Haven't seen or heard one of those myself. These are in any case small label or local church gospel releases.

The only other 45 with her that I've been able to locate is one released as Cleo Jackson Randle on CHECKER, "Life In Heaven Is Free" b/w "No One Cares For Me Like Jesus". "Life In..." is magnificent! wicked.gif

Here's an unplayed copy of that Checker 45 for $8.99:

https://cgi.ebay.com/CLEO-JACKSON-RANDLE-no...6QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Got a few clean copies of the Sta Set release up for grabs @ £15 each (Inc P & P) if anyone wants their own copy of this pretty good Chicago double sider.

That's a very decent price. Buy it. I'm even tempted to buy one myself... and I've already got one. "Pretty" good... you're having a laugh! :shades:whistling.gif

Social source share

Not that I ever stopped to really think about it but I thought Cleo Randle was a man sleep3.gif   blush.gif   :shades:

link

I did that as well... then I watched the video clip... biggrin.gif

(Christian, you really have to borrow those DVDs from me, some brilliant stuff on them!)

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!