Upthejunction

• Replies 6
  • Views 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All,

Just wondering why The Classics - Looking For A Love Of My Own - came out on two different labels

Wise World and Wide World.

mines on Wide World

Any Info appreciated

ATB Steve

probably just a screw up at the pressing plant. I'm not sure if one is rarer than the other, in my experience I've seen them about the same amount... but although it was a hit in chicago, I haven't seen that many copies.

Social source share

A printer error on one pressing order. I've gone though probably over several million 45s since that record was released (I lived in Chicago at the time). I'd say I've seen more of Wise World(maybe 60%-40%). And, it was pressed with several label background colours.

Social source share

A printer error on one pressing order. I've gone though probably over several million 45s since that record was released (I lived in Chicago at the time). I'd say I've seen more of Wise World(maybe 60%-40%). And, it was pressed with several label background colours.

I have only ever seen it with a red label on styrene. Also, the font is different between wise world and wide world, like one has sort of weird slanty text and the other is block text.

Social source share

It would make sense of the label was really called Wide World though wouldn't it, I mean, what's a Wise World?

the label was called Wise World though, there are other releases on the label. However, I could see why there would be a mistake printing of "Wide World".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!