Pete S profile photo

Bobby Paris Question

Posted

Theres a Cameo white demo of Night Owl on ebay, does anyone know if there actually was a proper WD, because all the demos I've had have been red ones like the issues but with Not For Sale etc on them.

cheers.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

Theres a Cameo white demo of Night Owl on ebay, does anyone know if there actually was a proper WD, because all the demos I've had have been red ones like the issues but with Not For Sale etc on them.

cheers.

Surely b/w`s are real with frankford/wayne stamps on em`,seen em` with this on,not got one though :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Surely b/w`s are real with frankford/wayne stamps on em`,seen em` with this on,not got one though :thumbsup:

Thanks mate!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Thanks mate!

I think the seller with the bobby paris has got loads of other stuff, 99% of are re-issues (i think), hasnt he got a frankie and johnny as well with a high starting price? Usually its a good tip to check sellers other items to get an idea, a seller with loads of 70,s re-issues is unlikely to have the odd original demo in there, however my mate has just told me there is a bernie williams on ebay listed with loads of obscure jazz and blues stuff, Bobby Paris looks identical to my copy from r.e. cords in derby in the late 70,s, and the frankie anf johnny is identical to one i sold last month on e-bay for £15, sorry havnt really answered your question have I

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I think the seller with the bobby paris has got loads of other stuff, 99% of are re-issues (i think), hasnt he got a frankie and johnny as well with a high starting price? Usually its a good tip to check sellers other items to get an idea, a seller with loads of 70,s re-issues is unlikely to have the odd original demo in there, however my mate has just told me there is a bernie williams on ebay listed with loads of obscure jazz and blues stuff, Bobby Paris looks identical to my copy from r.e. cords in derby in the late 70,s, and the frankie anf johnny is identical to one i sold last month on e-bay for £15, sorry havnt really answered your question have I

Different seller mate - looks legit, no boots anywhere. Thats why I asked, cos it was in the States, I wouldn't bid if in the UK.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Different seller mate - looks legit, no boots anywhere. Thats why I asked, cos it was in the States, I wouldn't bid if in the UK.

sorry :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

cheers.

I have the Red DEMO on Vinyl as you describe

However, my issue is Styrene - which is a Monarch Matrix - so there could be another DEMO

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Question Question Question
    All About the SOUL by mischief on Mon 25 Oct 2004
    • 7 / 1003
    • Paul McKay on 27 Oct 2004
  2. Roy Redmond, Getto Kitty & Bobby Foster, Bobby Paris 45s Wanted
    Record Wants by mattfox on Fri 29 Aug 2008
    • 6 / 640
    • keithw on 31 Aug 2008
    • 1 / 1163
    • eamesy on 14 Oct 2014
    • 1 / 1218
    • eamesy on 02 Feb 2015
  3. Bobby Womack, Bobby Womack, Bobby Womack & Bobby Womack
    Record Sales by Dave Thorley on Mon 26 Jul 2010
    • 1 / 791
    • Dave Thorley on 26 Jul 2010
  4. Bobby Paris, Mellowettes & Other Collectibles
    Record Sales by Guest musicollect on Tue 23 Aug 2005
    • 2 / 694
    • Dan on 23 Aug 2005

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.