Forge All-nighter York Feb 81

post-1224-1150066957.jpg These all-nighters were held at a club just outside York on the A64 to Leeds. We used to get the last train across from Bradford then share a taxi out to the place. Can't recall the DJs or how long the place ran for, though I seem to think I played some records there once, Youngblood Smith springs to mind.

post-1224-1150067100.jpg I go back along way with the York crowd and there's Ronnie Pedley with can in hand. And I'm wearing that damn duffle coat inside the club.

post-1224-1150067282.jpg from left to right: Andy aka Yammy from Rotheram; Jackie also from Rotheram in centre. Vaguely remember the 2 black guys but can't recall their names.

post-1224-1150067473.jpg At the time Tony Coleby was rated as a big Detroit collector and here's some of his wares. Left to right: Pete Lawson with Lester Tipton, Harry Crosby with Al Williams WDJ, Tony with Frankie Karl WDJ.

derek

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-1224-1150066957.jpg These all-nighters were held at a club just outside York on the A64 to Leeds. We used to get the last train across from Bradford then share a taxi out to the place. Can't recall the DJs or how long the place ran for, though I seem to think I played some records there once, Youngblood Smith springs to mind.

post-1224-1150067100.jpg I go back along way with the York crowd and there's Ronnie Pedley with can in hand. And I'm wearing that damn duffle coat inside the club.

post-1224-1150067282.jpg from left to right: Andy aka Yammy from Rotheram; Jackie also from Rotheram in centre. Vaguely remember the 2 black guys but can't recall their names.

post-1224-1150067473.jpg At the time Tony Coleby was rated as a big Detroit collector and here's some of his wares. Left to right: Pete Lawson with Lester Tipton, Harry Crosby with Al Williams WDJ, Tony with Frankie Karl WDJ.

derek

Remember these being on but never went for one reason and another, Harry and Ronnie good mates....

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!