Brainstorm

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I have got a 12" of Brainstorm - Lovin Is Really My Game. What do people think of it. I personally find it really good yeah funky Northern but really good. Shame it's one of those songs you don't hear anymore

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have got a 12" of Brainstorm - Lovin Is Really My Game. What do people think of it. I personally find it really good yeah funky Northern but really good. Shame it's one of those songs you don't hear anymore

Post edited.

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

Guest soul_hull

i like it.

i just sold my red vinyl 12" on ebay, well a few months back - i've got a soundfile of the 12 somewhere though - though i'm sure everyones heard it by now.

appreciate it's probably too disco for some, but i've always loved it.

Social source share

====

ace record mate

always been a favourite in the 'rutland house of sounds'

12" is good as u get the extra remix stomping bit in too

Social source share

Guest Darks

====

ace record mate

always been a favourite in the 'rutland house of sounds'

12" is good as u get the extra remix stomping bit in too

Agreed, Great record.

There is another version by Betty Wright on a Glades 12". It's a live version, with crowd noises on one side and no crowd noises on the other. Great version, but there again I've not played it in years!

Regards Alan

Social source share

Best version bar none is the soulful house remake by Ann Nesby :lol:

Brainstorm too disco for me, will find it and do a sound file ranting_1.gif

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Guest lotusland
Baz said:

Here ya go thumbsup.gif

hot damn. very very very good vocal delivery, the beat is absolute shite (the bass playing is good, just the housey high hats and stiff 909 kick), but different strokes from different folks right? i would personally love to get her vocals and hear what AL KENT'S million dollar disco orchestra would treat that.

Social source share

"Lovin Is Really My game" is truly dire: sounds like they were trying to cash in on the 'workout music' craze. "Wake Up And Be Somebody" does it all over that muck...the long 7" version with the ending, as it were. Horses for courses as they say.

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!