Combination Drifter

Karl s

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi toad got drifter on crab and moodisc what i want is the moodisc 12 called combination drifter mixed by tubbs , its on u tube phased horns etc skillfully blended in to the i roy dj version dubwise style over the top of the bongo version king tubbys mash up takes it to other places believe me , have a listen and tell me what you think

Social source share

There is a longer version on blue moodisc its not on u tube just looked for it that has a longer carpound dub tacked on the end more dubwise with i roys toast going off in to infinity through out it , my mate had it used to play it out , in early 80s thats the one i am after

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ENTHUCOL

Music Warriors 'Nana Version' (As its known) was only ever issued on a UK 'Sir Collins Music Wheel' blank label pre-release, hard to find sought after and unsurprisingly now an expensive item, there are several more cuts straight on the rhythm out of the Collins camp as well, a DJ version (Bongo laden and less immediatly apprently the 'Nana' rhythm) on the back of another Sir Collins UK 'SCMW' blank (Flip of the Invaders 'Beyond The Dark Clouds' and then there are at least two unreleased dubplate only cuts, 'Nana Steels' (A steel drum version which has been posted on YouTube in the post so may still be up there and a great next vocal believed to be by Gene Rondo, only know of one original acetate of that and a couple of vinyl dubplates which were made to protect the original from being worn out through over play. Beyond that there are various other versionson recuts of the rhythm including a later version by The Slickers (Who seem to have a hobit of recutting their hits as they also re-recorded 'Johnny Too Bad' in the mid 70s). Hope infos of help, good luck with the search for 'Nana Version' but its unlikly to be an easy one!

Social source share

Dude you are the jedi master more info than i ever imagined thanks , you have made me very depressed though thought i could pick one up easy , though i do have chris and duke peckings as my secret search weapon , as they allways tell me when i am on the hunt relax karl soon come and invariably it does eventually many thanks again

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!