Just A Question ?

Are The Realistic's & The Sensations  the same group both did the same record both sides

Realistic's -Too Shy / Please Baby Please - De-Lite records

The Sensations - Too Shy / Please Baby Please - Way Out records 

Unusual  to find both tracks covered i thought 

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

I knew that The Sensations on Way Out were a local Cleveland group.  I always thought that The Realistics were a different group from another town in Ohio (Akron?  Dayton. Youngstown, Columbus?).  The 2 records have all the same names on them. 

I listened to "Please, Baby Please" many, many times, back to back.  I think they are the same exact group on the very same recording.  I listen to "Too Shy" many times.  The two recordings sound different, and one of the 2 most prominent singers sounds different, but the lead sounds like the same person.  It sounds to me as if they are the SAME group on the 2 labels, and that "Please, Baby, Please" was the same recording, but, that "Too Shy" was either re-recorded for De-Lite, or they used an alternate take for the original Way Out recording session.

I look forward to others' comments. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Robb, a small name change I know but a similar case with another Way Out release .. The Exceptional Three (featuring Ruby Carter) - Unlucky Girl / What About Me (Way Out 101) being pretty much the same as The Exceptionals - Unlucky Girl / What About Me on GRT 48

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

I just listened to the Sensations version of Too Shy on YouTube.

There is a comment on there by a lady who says she is the daughter of the writer and lead singer.

It was posted 11 months ago but if you contacted her she might have the answer.

Below is the You Tube page - but you will need to go into You Tube direct to get the comments. 

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Just an update on my question i've received a quote from Jeannine Washington today so in her words here's what she said

My father wrote & sang lead on To Shy & Please Baby Please

The Sensations were only affiliated to 1 record label ,Way Out in Cleveland Ohio

The Lyrics & Titles were used by the Realistics without  any compliance from The Sensations copy rights & any royalties belong to The Sensations

The Realistics are a totally different group 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!