Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Dean

Leon Bridges

Check out Leon on Later with Jools now, also new album. Not going to say he's brilliant, very good compared to contemporaries , but damn he looks cool. Typing without specs, forgive mistakes!

Kev posted something up about him in Feb - he was featured in the Guardian's weekend 'one to watch'. 

I'm a fan. He's backstory is good too. He was a kitchen porter and really into his hip-hop/grime and someone played some early 60's soul on the radio and he was a game changer, apparently...

I must admit I didn't know anything about him until seeing him on Jools Holland earlier this year. Soon after found out he was touring over here and bought tickets for Shepherds Bush last night. I have to say I am very glad to have caught him and his band. I thought they were brilliant. Really entertaining, high quality songs etc. Definitely one to pay attention to if you like the early soul/gospel/doowop/rRnB end of things.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts