ACETATES

Pete S

Some acetates for sale.  

First one BUZZ ROYAL (not real name) - BE A MAN - HASTINGS MUSIC CORPORATION 10" acetate.  One sided publishers demo.  Comes with music and lyrics sheet.  A nice poppy little dancer, put it this way, I have heard worse.  As far as I know, the only copy that exists but of course I could be wrong.  I covered the actual artists name on the photo in case anyone who bought it wanted to keep it secret.  It's mint. Drop us a line if any interest.

Second one is THE CAMMOTIONS with MOTOWN and SONNY.  Motown was a very short lived Wigan spin which didn't really take off, Sonny was a Stafford play.  Both tracks came out on the LA-RO-Ke label.  Same cuts as on this 10" acetate, which was actually found at a UK music publishers office.  This is a very strong VG+ to EX with a few marks.  £50

Third one, from the legendary Gold Star studios in Los Angeles where the Wrecking Crew were the resident musicians, SPRINGFIELD RIFLE with a double sided 8" acetate of WHAT KIND OF DAY / IT AIN'T HAPPENED.  Both are uptempo tracks, West Coast pop really.  I know It Ain't Happened came out but I don't know if What Kid Of Day did.  It's an excellent uptempo pop stomper kind of thing.  Excellent condition. £50

You can hear "Buzz Royal" on the podcast below at 35:50. If you want to see what's on the podcast and hear the rest click SHOW TRACKLIST.
https://www.mixcloud.com/mayfairmenthol/say-girl-rare-northern-soul/

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic