warped record

Jon18

Hi to all 

I have a copy of Cliff Nobles My love is getting stronger on Atlantic with a slight warp approx a 1/4 of 

a inch does anybody know please who could fix it for me or tell me how to do it myself

Thanks Jon

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest johnny hart

Hi ,Jon, Google full of record warped solutions,ranging from large weights to baking in hot ovens!  My success with  45s and LPs as follows;  1, cut out card lable blanks both sides for protection,  place between 2 sheets of 3 mm. Clear glass expose to July Spanish sunlight for 2hours,repeat till warp flattens,!  If no sun  as per UK pre-heat oven to temperature( Google give exact times and temps ,I kid you not!). Alternately the leaving disc under massive weights for 3 months does not work,they just spring back. The application of heat does work , but is not for the faint hearted! Happy Bake Off! Lol Johnny.

Social source share

My advice is if it still plays through OK despite the warp, then leave it alone.  Curing warps has always been a touch and go thing, and I would only try it out on an unplayable warp.  As you say Jon, in case it's made worse.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!