Dubious Ebay Seller

Oldfeet

A short note about a rogue Ebay seller in the USA '1966ponyred'.Purchased 6 inexpensive records from his Ebay auctions for $87, so under $15 a record. He states that over 4 records his postage is $23.50, which is not cheap but it's his pricing so fair enough. He also has a note saying he will charge $66.75 when required.Gullible me assumed that this $66 would be for high value shipping and not my lowly $87 purchase. So I was surprised to see he had added the maximum amount.But not nearly as surprised when he messaged me to say I could pay the cheaper price if I payed outside of Ebay to his personal Paypal account ... as friends&family, which would leave me no come back if things went wrong. Which is all against every Ebay seller policy. So it was either pay the very expensive shipping or pay outside of the Ebay protection. For me I didn't like the options, so I'm cancelling the purchase.My message is unless you want to pay $66.75 for postage from the USA to the UK be aware of the dubious practices of the Ebay seller '1966ponyred'.

I have contacted Ebay support and will be going through their procedures which hopefully will allow me to leave the negative feedback on this sellers account. Not because of the hike in postage to $66, which made me choke, but because he wanted me to pay outside of Ebay procedures.

Edited by Oldfeet
Line spacing was too big.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Me too. Won a couple of records in the early hours this morning. Will not be paying the $66 postage quoted and certainly not taking up the offer to pay via Paypal. Have messaged the seller for a postage quote to a USA address so awaiting further details. Thanks for posting this - I will be voiding the order if the postage is not lowered by $50-60.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!