Grant Higgins

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

any opinions regards these 2 sounds my mate has on acetates.....

'youre teasing me'

and 'I live in a castle'

I remember 'I live in a castle' getting a few spins did the other track get a spin anywhere?

cheers

mel

ps

can pm them if anyone wants to hear them.

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

'youre teasing me'

and 'I live in a castle'

I remember 'I live in a castle' getting a few spins did the other track get a spin anywhere?

cheers

mel

ps

Morning Mel,

Grant Higgins is the same person as Rod Jordan which is how "I Live In A Castle" was released (Karen 322). Apparently Ollie McLaughlin didn't think the name Grant Higgins would fly. Grant was a Rock n Roll artist who had a long career in that genre. His nephew Weldon Higgins has just finished his uncle's biography. When looking around the songwriters of Detroit stuff , his name appears every now and then. I think he did some stuff with Sharon MacMahon.

Grant's family hadn't herad any of his stuff until recently. They were stunned when they found out he had a few "collectors items" under his belt They have copy of I Live In A Castle now but I know Weldon would be interested in then acetates if they wee for sale.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Allright Dave

we spoke about this a year or so ago and I sent the mp3's up to Weldon and we spoke briefly on the telephone but regards any sale of the acetates as it was back then its the same now there not for sale.

What kind of price would you put on them Dave.......

thanks for your time mate

mel

ps

I recieved a pic from Weldon or yourself of his uncle..

Edited by melandthensome
Social source share

'youre teasing me'

and 'I live in a castle'

cheers

mel

ps

"You're Teasing Me" deffo unreleased, nice track even if a little "poppy" in a Sandpipers vein.

Social source share

Allright Dave

we spoke about this a year or so ago and I sent the mp3's up to Weldon and we spoke briefly on the telephone but regards any sale of the acetates as it was back then its the same now there not for sale.

What kind of price would you put on them Dave.......

thanks for your time mate

mel

ps

I recieved a pic from Weldon or yourself of his uncle..

I wouldn 't think they 'd be too valuable to be honest. Not in monetary terms anyway. Can't see anyone shelling out big $$$s for what are effectively "so so " sounds. What Weldon would pay to have them I wouldn't like to say, but I know he would like them.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert