Sending records from UK

Psamsara

Ok people, my friend from London needs to send 3 packages, already packed in good mailers - one to Australia (with 2 45s inside), one to USA (with 2 45s inside) and one to Eccleshall in UK (with 4 45s inside).

What service should be ok and how much does it cost? 

Btw packages need to be opened and inspected prior shipment in the post?

thanks in front:hatsoff2:

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Psamsara said:

Thank you Simon.

Is there a specific service e that you guys would recommend, in this case sending to Australia, Usa and UK?

If your mate goes into any PO, he can get the leaflet 'Our prices' - your handy guide to our UK and international parcel and letter service prices. (April 22). Plus the appropriate custom forms.

When checking the prices online you can read about each service 'more details'

there are subtle deference between

Royal Mail International Tracked More details

Royal Mail International Signed More details

to Australia, weight up to 500g, value £100

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Social source share

All they have to do is go to any post office with parcel ready packed.

Need to go airmail and depending on value of records tracking is available.

They will give a customs sticker which needs to be filled in ,description i.e. 7 inch vinyl record and value.

post office counter staff are usually helpful , easy really .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thank you guys :hatsoff2:

As for value, i myself when sending from my country, always state low value so the buyer doesn't get hit with the custom charge. I'm pretty sure that the tracked service from UK is reliable aod putting a low value shouldn't be an issue?

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Psamsara said:

Thank you guys :hatsoff2:

As for value, i myself when sending from my country, always state low value so the buyer doesn't get hit with the custom charge. I'm pretty sure that the tracked service from UK is reliable aod putting a low value shouldn't be an issue?

swings & roundabouts isn't?

if the true value of the record is £1000 but when you're asked at the PO its value is stated to be £10, the postage will be less, but coverage for loss / damage will be for the lower value. Like all 'insurance' if something goes wrong, you might not get near to 100% compensation. If a buyer is paying top dollar for a record they've spent years tracking down, the import duty might not be problem in the grand scheme of things, I'd consult the buyer.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Simon T said:

swings & roundabouts isn't?

if the true value of the record is £1000 but when you're asked at the PO its value is stated to be £10, the postage will be less, but coverage for loss / damage will be for the lower value. Like all 'insurance' if something goes wrong, you might not get near to 100% compensation. If a buyer is paying top dollar for a record they've spent years tracking down, the import duty might not be problem in the grand scheme of things, I'd consult the buyer.

Yes, thank you. But since these are my customers i already dealt with, and before they were ok with stating low value - i'm good to go. Mailers are top notch so i am willing to take that risk and not pay so much for shipping. I will take a close look at the links you left me.

Appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!