Unknown - Crying Blue - acetate

Guest Rob_Sevier

Guest Rob_Sevier

Unknown - Crying Blue - acetate

I'm hoping to find out if the music on this acetate was ever released.

Label:Acetate

although recorded in NYC, possibly chicago

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Rob_Sevier

Haven't posted much here, but I found this acetate a couple months ago in Chicago and it seems like it would be of interest to many people on this board. I am hoping to find out if it was ever issued, and if so by whom. Only the song title is printed on the acetate label: Crying Blue. The acetate is from Broadway Recording Studio in NYC. From the soundclip, it's clear that it hasn't been well cared for unfortunately. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Social source share

Haven't posted much here, but I found this acetate a couple months ago in Chicago and it seems like it would be of interest to many people on this board. I am hoping to find out if it was ever issued, and if so by whom. Only the song title is printed on the acetate label: Crying Blue. The acetate is from Broadway Recording Studio in NYC. From the soundclip, it's clear that it hasn't been well cared for unfortunately. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Awesome,sell us it. :lol:

It sounds like him on Wand who does "how much pressure do you think i can stand",who name escapes me.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Awesome,sell us it. :lol:

It sounds like him on Wand who does "how much pressure do you think i can stand",who name escapes me.

I think you're talking about Roscoe Robinson?

I thought it had a Jackie Wilson sort of sound (but obviously it's not Jackie Wilson).

Social source share

That would make sense, since Wand had a strong Chicago connection and this turned up here.

Does that mean i can have it? :lol: Rosco Robinson cheers Simon.

Social source share

Is it Roscoe Robinson you're talking about?

See previouse post. any chance of a full sound file,you cant leave us wantin`like this.its ace.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest Rob_Sevier

A friend of mine who knows Roscoe and his music very well informed me that it can't be Roscoe. Any other ideas? Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks for checking it out, the soundclip has had many listens.

Social source share

Guest Rob_Sevier

P1010334.jpg

Here's a crappy photo I took so folks can get a visual. It seems like the consensus is that this acetate is as yet unreleased.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert