• Replies 9
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I think you'll find this could be an earlier All Platinum/Stang/Turbo LP re-released. Have you checked that out ?

There's a Blood Brothers LP on Sugarhill which I was looking for until I recently discovered that it was only a re-release of an earlier Lonnie Youngblood LP under a different disguise.

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

• 1 year later...

I think you'll find this could be an earlier All Platinum/Stang/Turbo LP re-released. Have you checked that out ?

There's a Blood Brothers LP on Sugarhill which I was looking for until I recently discovered that it was only a re-release of an earlier Lonnie Youngblood LP under a different disguise.

The First Class LP from 1980 is a rare LP, probably because Sugarhill and Sylvia Robinson were starting to get into financial difficulties around this time and therefore production and distribution would have been affected, so the LP always fetches a relatively high price (often $300-400+ US) on the odd occasion it shows up on ebay or elsewhere .

It's also an excellent LP musically. However because of the varying productions and slightly dated arrangements (for 1980) (which is a complement by the way !!! ) throughout each of the tracks it has led me to conclude that the tracks were "in the can" so to speak from earlier sessions in previous years, possibly around the time of their excellent officially released first LP from 1976 on All Platinum which in itself is well worth getting ... and at a much cheaper price ...

None of the tracks on the 1980 LP were previously released , either as a 45 or on the first LP, so the 1980 LP is not a re-release at all .

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

• 2 months later...

None of the tracks on the 1980 LP were previously released , either as a 45 or on the first LP, so the 1980 LP is not a re-release at all .

But there exists an LP from 1977 on All Platinum (AP 3022) First Class 'They Call This Group First Class' which does include at least some of the tracks on the 1980 Sugar Hill LP. Check popsike: https://www.popsike.com/First-Class-They-call-this-groupRAREAll-Platinum/4062571641.html

There's also decent Japanese only LP from 1989 that compiles ten tracks taken from the Sugar Hill and two All Platinum LPs.

Edited by greeneggz
Social source share

• 3 months later...