Can You Stand The Pace ?

Guest Officer Dibble

Guest Officer Dibble

As none of us are getting any younger i have noticed recently at various allnighter's that the numbers seem to start thinning out around 5.30 - 6.00am , So what do you think should be the ideal finishing time for an allnighter ? Are the day's of allnighter's finishing at 8am just too much for us all or are some off us just feeling the pace? friday night's seem to suffer more , is this due to people having to work or saving themselves for saturday's ?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

For me 6am is about right but saying that whats a couple of extra hours when you already been up all night, if the music is top notch why would you want to leave,

Social source share

Guest Officer Dibble

For me 6am is about right but saying that whats a couple of extra hours when you already been up all night, if the music is top notch why would you want to leave,

i agree but even at some of the big events people start to drift around this time, this must be very frustrating for d.j's who are doing the last spot .

Social source share

It's the people treating them as extended soul nites, probably. Niters starting at 8- 10-11pm, folk go 'til 2 or 3 ish, had a good nite, got pissed etc, go home! Bring back the niter starting at 12 I say!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

It's the people treating them as extended soul nites, probably. Niters starting at 8- 10-11pm, folk go 'til 2 or 3 ish, had a good nite, got pissed etc, go home! Bring back the niter starting at 12 I say!

i'd agree with that :unsure:

Social source share

It's the people treating them as extended soul nites, probably. Niters starting at 8- 10-11pm, folk go 'til 2 or 3 ish, had a good nite, got pissed etc, go home! Bring back the niter starting at 12 I say!

that is the best way then you can get a few hours kip in beforehand where an ealier starting night you want to get the early and its harder to stay awake all night until the very early hours unless yuo drink lots and lots of red bull

midnight start for a nighter has to be the way :unsure:

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

Middleton starts at 8 30 pm people are still arriveing at 4 am,we cant get them out at 7 30am and our crowd is from every part of the uk,and im talking 500 plus.If the venue delivers they will stay.

Social source share

As none of us are getting any younger i have noticed recently at various allnighter's that the numbers seem to start thinning out around 5.30 - 6.00am , So what do you think should be the ideal finishing time for an allnighter ? Are the day's of allnighter's finishing at 8am just too much for us all or are some off us just feeling the pace? friday night's seem to suffer more , is this due to people having to work or saving themselves for saturday's ?

I prefer allnighters on a Friday, gives me two days to recover which seems to be a requirement for me these days :unsure:

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'd prefer niters to start later, say 10 or 11ish. I can never get anywhere before 10.30, especially if travelling long distances and i always miss the earlier spots :lol:

I tend to dance a lot, always have, but these days i've had it by 6.00, unless i pace myself. I would never leave until the end though, unless i had some reason to get up early on Sunday. After the last Middleton i had to drive down to Cheltenham for 12 noon the next day and have dinner with friends down there, to say i was knackered was an understatement :unsure:

Also at Middleton i was so knackered after five hours of dancing i couldn't raise myself for John Weston's spot :lol: which was a shame 'cos i thought it was the best of the night. Like i say i need to pace myself, dance less to Soul Sam next time maybe :lol:

M.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I prefer allnighters on a Friday, gives me two days to recover which seems to be a requirement for me these days :unsure:

QoFxx

Me too, that's why i loved The Dome. Yes i know it was a soul night, but it went on til 3 and by the time i got hope it was 5am, so in effect a mini-niter for me. Recover Saturday and Sunday (unless i went somewhere else on Saturday) That was perfect.

Social source share

Could it be that when we were a bit younger we had a few more diet suppresers :lol: ?

Just a thought!! :unsure:

Steve

Got to admit I havent done an all nighter for many a year now-you mean people don't do the diet suppressers :lol: No wonder they find it hard going & leave early :lol:

Think I'll stick to the 2am finish then :P .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert