Henry Ford Interview

boba

I just interviewed Henry Ford, of Henry Ford and the Gifts. It is an interesting interview -- Henry not only talks about working with Henry Ford and the Gifts in Chicago but has some interesting stories about going to the bay area with the Opportunity Knock Chorus and appearing on the Smothers Brothers TV show. Apparently Henry's band in the bay area had an unreleased record on the Boola Boola label. During the interview I also play an unreleased Henry Ford and the Gifts record. Check it out at the bottom of:

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks,

Bob

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I just interviewed Henry Ford, of Henry Ford and the Gifts. It is an interesting interview -- Henry not only talks about working with Henry Ford and the Gifts in Chicago but has some interesting stories about going to the bay area with the Opportunity Knock Chorus and appearing on the Smothers Brothers TV show. Apparently Henry's band in the bay area had an unreleased record on the Boola Boola label. During the interview I also play an unreleased Henry Ford and the Gifts record. Check it out at the bottom of:

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks,

Bob

Also, if anyone has a copy of the Lusters acetate that Henry talks about during the interview, please get in touch. I would like to get a recording to give to Henry and his cousins the Triplett Twins, who were in the group. Thanks.

Social source share

Grunchions...little green and orange people :lol: the drugs must have been good in them days :shhh:

all of that comes from Herb Kent, who invented all sorts of words. He's the person responsible for the word 'feznecky' (meaning a girl). I have a recording of a radio he did in the late 60s where he says throughout the show "feznecky is out! the new word is HAMMER!" I think it didn't catch on...

Social source share

Look forward to listening Boba. Just listening to the Conservatives interview now. Keep 'em coming, all good listening!!

also, you know how the teacher's edition were all school teachers? Yesterday I got a call from someone who said he was one of the guy's students (Farnell was his music teacher and homeroom teacher) and he wanted me to put him in contact with him.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!